What-Ho Wednesday

BelgianBeerGeek
BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
edited November 2015 in The bottom bracket
Keeping up the theme of occasional guest thread-starters begun by my grandad's bike last week :)

Ever logged onto a forum and seen someone using a name you use on another thread?

Anyway, another day of Stakhanovite toil ahead of me. Have fun, everyone.
Ecrasez l’infame

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,391
    Morning all,
    Well done BBG, good to see someone else popping up. So who's using your name and where? It's not those Mumsnetters again is it?
    Rather moist here, but I'm warm and dry as I had to drive in today. Bunking off early and have to get back quick as I'm running the bar at the scouts fireworks do. Hopefully we've got enough beer in as we've run out of beer the last few years. I've only been running the bar the last few years, I'm sure it's a coincidence. This will be followed by my traditional Wednesday night visit to the pub. Hopefully a slow day tomorrow.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I do like the new words too, problem is there are far too many capitalists here for the word to be welcomed with open arms (that may be a cruel assumption but it is not fun to make some)

I had a call this morning from a friend who is a headteacher asking if I wanted to cover her A level Classics classes for a year. Random start to the day.

Better to run out that have too much left, though the correlation of you being the only bar steward to have run dry does seem to be indicative.

Onwards and upwards
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Another day riding the desk with the cycling forcast being overcast and grim with very little chance of pedaling.

Why do "designers" insist on stuff which is pointless. Example - raised floor is non fire rated and abuts a wall, why oh why do they think I need to fit a fire seal???

Other than that, onwards to requesting a fork lift truck be provided at the clients expense.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,491
    Morning catheter drains

Rather eclectic unconnected collection of disparate subjects this morning! BBG can be proud of his efforts and particularly proud of the fact he will be crowned the day's Fastest off the blocks Champion Shirker.
    Ever since Chris Bass came up with the theory of more snot than the noose can hold theory, my body's production has increased disproportionately. I no longer blame Wiggle, I blame Chris Bass.

Now to figure out Mr Goo's picture association and see what other distractions I can use as an excuse not to do any work. More coffee needed...

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    but Chris doesn't give free haribo
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Keeping up the theme of occasional guest thread-starters begun by my grandad's bike last week :)

Ever logged onto a forum and seen someone using a name you use on another thread?

Anyway, another day of Stakhanovite toil ahead of me. Have fun, everyone.

Feel obliged to contribute then BBB. Always have good intentions to get more involved but a whole load of CBA occurs.

Was going to take a days annual leave and go on a bike ride but the weather is c-rap and my CBA approach to work has left me with a whole load of last minute work to get completed.

On a positive note nearly every time I check my personal e-mail another Rapha gift voucher appears - it must be my birthday or something :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,896

he does to kids
  • pinno

It's a serious dilemma. Maybe he should offer a snot compensation scheme, it's his fault after all.
  • pinno

he does to kids

They don't want Haribo anymore, they want hard cash and iphones, just ask Seano.
  • Rochdale council are useless, a few weeks ago MrsHD got a parking ticket which we've appealed and got the automated "we'll get back to you soon" email.

That was two weeks ago so I rang them today to be told they had a ten week backlog... Thats a lot of tickets being appealed!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    Rochdale council are useless, a few weeks ago MrsHD got a parking ticket which we've appealed and got the automated "we'll get back to you soon" email.

That was two weeks ago so I rang them today to be told they had a ten week backlog... Thats a lot of tickets being appealed!

there isn't that many people with cars in Rochdale
  • I think my strava profile pic should explain that I'm not actually in Rochdale...

large.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,391
    All councils are deliberately useless when it comes to appeals on tickets. I reckon your appeal will be rejected initially, if you then pursue it and go to court because you can prove you are in the right it will be thrown out and you will be proved right. Councils rely on the fact that it costs people more to take a day off and go through with the appeal than it does to just pay the ticket.
    My parents, both retired, have gone to court for 2 separate tickets, one for Kingston council the other Camden. They won on both occasions, in one case the magistrate asked why it had gone so far as it was clear from the photo's and CCTV the council were in the wrong.
  • tlw1
    I think my strava profile pic should explain that I'm not actually in Rochdale...

large.jpg

:)
  • Ours is based on the fact that the town hall car park is free for three hours and there is no need to display a ticket. She visited that earlier in the day to deposit some bankings (receipt scanned and emailed with claim).

She then visited another council run carpark which is on the same site as a homeware store, again three hours free parking but you do need a ticket.

She did some shopping (receipt scanned and emailed with claim) and came out to a PCN, we've appealed on the grounds that it was a genuine mistake as both car parks are council run with very similar displays so she assumed no ticket was required.

Whether we get anything back or not is debatable but you have to try.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Morning catheter drains

Rather eclectic unconnected collection of disparate subjects this morning! BBG can be proud of his efforts and particularly proud of the fact he will be crowned the day's Fastest off the blocks Champion Shirker.
    Ever since Chris Bass came up with the theory of more snot than the noose can hold theory, my body's production has increased disproportionately. I no longer blame Wiggle, I blame Chris Bass.

Now to figure out Mr Goo's picture association and see what other distractions I can use as an excuse not to do any work. More coffee needed...

Laters

It snot my fault! but I do often wiggle!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,801
    Logged on at last. In the words of Kevin Bloody Wilson, it's been an absolute c*** of a day. But its over and I enjoyed the pedal home. Car and bike are at work ready for the M4 schlep tomorrow afternoon. Just got to get through my presentation to the board tomorrow then its fun time...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]