stolen Cannondale Supersix black in Norwich today

ben-----
ben----- Posts: 573
edited November 2015 in Road stolen
Had my Cannondale Supersix, black Ultegra 2013, 54cm, like this http://www.cannondale.com/nam_en/super-six-sm-3-ultegra-double-crankset-28103 stolen in Norwich today. Left it half an hour, locked obviously, maybe an hour, in the centre, lots of people walking round, past it. Locked it there loads of times before. F*****G F**K. Sorry. If anyone sees one being sold, let me know please. Reported it to the police straight away.

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Shit. Very sorry to hear :(

http://www.bikeshd.co.uk/search/cannondale

Aggregates eBay and Gumtree, might be others too, so can be a quick place to check
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • ben-----
    shoot. Very sorry to hear :(

http://www.bikeshd.co.uk/search/cannondale

Aggregates eBay and Gumtree, might be others too, so can be a quick place to check

Thanks. Didn't know about that site. Shall use it to look out. I guess, if they're going to sell it, online at least, they wouldn't do it quick sharp. If it were me, I'd leave it a good while. But I shall be looking out from now on that's for sure.
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    Locked it there loads of times before.

What kind of lock were you using?
  • ben-----
    Locked it there loads of times before.

What kind of lock were you using?

An Abus cable lock. Not a super expensive one but not the cheapest either.
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    ben----- wrote:
    An Abus cable lock. Not a super expensive one but not the cheapest either.

Unfortunately, any cable lock can be cut almost instantly with the kind of small bolt cutters that any self-respecting bike thief will carry under their jacket or in their backpack. Hopefully you were insured?
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Gutted for you bud. I'm sure we'll all keep an eye out for it. Hopefully you were insured. I've been there mate, twice. It's a terrible feeling. Check your eye out for it and report it to the police.

You'd be surprised how quickly they get put up for sale, thieves don't like to have stolen stuff lying around from what I gather.

Also look out for parts and frame, they do sometimes get split
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • ben-----
    edited November 2015
    > report it to the police

Did that as soon as I knew. Well I walked around like a idiot for about 5 or 10 minutes hoping to see it?! Then I reported it. A police station was handily just a stone throw away, round the corner. They did talk about CCTV, but maybe that was just talk. But I did come across this:
    http://www.norfolk.police.uk/newsandevents/newsstories/2015/october/cctvappealafterbiketheft.aspx
    so they do follow up on some bike thefts.

> Hopefully you were insured.

Nope :( Not while out and about. I was under the impression insuring it while out and about wasn't so feasible?; Too expensive or too many hoops to jump through to comply or something. Am I wrong about? Do people have their bikes insured against being stolen while locked up somewhere? How much and where from?

> Also look out for parts and frame, they do sometimes get split

Yup, will do. Thanks.
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    > report it to the police

Did that as soon as I knew. Well I walked around like a idiot for about 5 or 10 minutes hoping to see it?! Then I reported it. A police station was handily just a stone throw away, round the corner. They did talk about CCTV, but maybe that was just talk. But I did come across this:
    http://www.norfolk.police.uk/newsandevents/newsstories/2015/october/cctvappealafterbiketheft.aspx
    so they do follow up on some bike thefts.

> Hopefully you were insured.

Nope :( Not while out and about. I was under the impression insuring it while out and about wasn't so feasible?; Too expensive or too many hoops to jump through to comply or something. Am I wrong about? Do people have their bikes insured against being stolen while locked up somewhere? How much and where from?

Possibly a little late for you insurance wise, but if you do get a replacement, I highly recommend getting it insured. It's not prohibitively expensive, I don't think. I'm not with Pedal Sure who have given me a great quote for this year (theft, accidental damage and personal cover). Previously been with CycleGuard but the premiums have gone through the roof this year
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen