Still no comments engine?

964cup
964cup Posts: 1,362
Wonder if that's because the review section reads ever more like a recycled press release? Sample from this morning's piece on Nibali's bike:

"Like many top pros, The Shark of Messina is using Look Keo Blade 2 pedals." and more doctors smoke Camels than any other brand.

"The Corima S+ tubular wheels are 47mm deep with 18-front, 20-rear spokes and feature a gorgeous carbon checkerboard weave. They have an astonishing claimed weight of just 1,230g." Astonishing how?

Enve 1.45 on Chris King: 1112g
Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate: 1185g
Lightweight Meilenstein: 1100g

All 40mm+ aero-section wheels, all available as factory builds on general sale. So what you're really saying is that the Corima is a mid-weight mid-section tubular comparable with, and slightly lighter than, the Zipp 303. Oh, and that it looks pretty, which I'm sure will make Nibali much faster.

Breathless puffery makes for poor journalism. This is BikeRadar, not the Daily Mail. We're here because we like, and *know about* bikes. Do tell us more: tell us the rim width, tell us whether they're toroidal or not, tell us what you know about the weave and layup, tell us about hubs and spoke manufacturer, tell us who else is on Corima, tell us about the braking surface, but please do it without hyperbole and without sounding like a Corima marketing drone.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Can't comment on the reviews but can on the lack of comments.

As you may or may not be aware the 3rd party comment provider (used by many many organisations) had issues so it's services were removed.

A replacement is undergoing assessment/development and will be integreated into the site when ready.

When will that be I have no idea.

But if you use face book then many of the topics etc are posted on the BR FB account so you could comment there if you wish. If you don't do big corperate data acquisition sites then sorry you will have to wait awhile.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Comments will return - we're a few weeks off from implementing a short term solution and a few months from a long term one. They're on the roadmap though.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Nice to have comments back. Unfortunately I've found disqus to be so horrendous to use in the past I'm never going to use it again.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • AndyEd
    AndyEd Posts: 171
    Sorry to hear that, we went for Disqus as they allow the greatest range of login providers.
    BikeRadar Community