Tech Tuesday and Genisys

Clockworkmark31
Clockworkmark31 Posts: 1,053
edited November 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings fisters.

Having spent a night watching the Terminator films including the latest. And having worked in electronics for ten years.

Does anyone else think electronics is growing too quick?

Don't expect any serious responses but the latest Terminator got me thinking.

Twenty four years ago we had Terminator Two and it seemed far fetched. Now we have Genisys. And even though it seems like a sci fi film. It seems totally plausible.

Seems scary how fast electronics are moving.

Call me a nut job, but having watched it and seeing and knowing where Electronics are going could we be heading for a Skynet world.

Just throwing this out there.

And wondering when SciFi and reality separate.

Have a good day everyone. The film just made me think and I could relate it to everyday situations.

Comments

• Skynet won't happen because so many people are scared of it happening. Because of the film, a lot of people are aware of what could happen, so it won't. Plus, it was a feckin' film!

Morning Losers!

Not sure this counts as a morning thread as I didn't create it, plus I don't know if OP has slept before making it. Anywho, today is Tuesday and I have to put up with another day of retard minion. I swear this 'man' makes me stressed, he was giving me my chest pains again yesterday with his constant talking! Is that a good enough reason to fire someone? That they make you stressed?

Anywho, that's about it.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • I have slept even though it was for two hours after a long night ride.

It was a totally hypothetical question. But if you think about it. I am guessing you use an android or apple phone and use the similar software on the computer. I would say it is already happening without your consent. Think about it more.

Not a good enough reason to fire someone, before I would have said yes. Now I will say people need guidance. It might not make me popular with you, but I believe people need guidance.

Any ho, did you find the bike route through Hudds that drops in to milsnbridge? I was there yesterday.
  • Was just thinking about it, we are the most watched people. CCTV, facial recognition, number plate recognition, every transaction we make is monitored, along with what we type. We are tyed to a account that has a phone number and it links to a normal account.

We use titanium to rebuild people and are exploring nano tech too. 24 years ago it was far fetched, now it seems scarily close.

Like I said I was expecting some sarcastic comments. But look at the facts hypercritically.
  • Was just thinking about it, we are the most watched people. CCTV, facial recognition, number plate recognition, every transaction we make is monitored, along with what we type. We are tyed to a account that has a phone number and it links to a normal account.

We use titanium to rebuild people and are exploring nano tech too. 24 years ago it was far fetched, now it seems scarily close.

Like I said I was expecting some sarcastic comments. But look at the facts hypercritically.

Plus how autonomous is everything becoming, cars that can drive them selves along with aircraft that can fly a whole route with no human input. Not to mention the robot systems that help people.

Plus the robots and systems we don't know about.

Not looking for an arguement, the film just made me thing how close we are to this and we dont realise.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Too early for science fiction/reality talk

Work meh day, ribs are better but not fixed so no swimming or cycling today
  • Too early for science fiction/reality talk

Know it is too early, only had two hours sleep and then went on a night ride to emily moor. Then finished my terminator saga off.

Even though I worked in electronics it just seems too close, where do you draw the line.

Again not looking for an argument or sarcastic comments. Just an observation that seems scarily like now.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    yep, I think it's getting closer. they're starting to trial cars in Cardiff that can drive themselves soon ffs!

I'm sure I read a thing a few weeks back about a computer that is getting sentient.

but anyway. morning mongs, not been here in a while, how's tricks?

sitting through a webcast for a few hours then I'm off out on the road bike

laters
  • Off for a ride on the roads then gym.

Was just curious on other peoples thoughts on modern tech.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    wrote:

Plus the robots and systems we don't know about.

How can we be concerned about the things we don't know about? If we don't know about them they may not be there.

As for Skynet: it already exists!

Morning all. Today I will be trying to look busy whilst cursing my idiot of a manager for the backward-thinking, progress-blocking, self-serving prat that he is.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I'm off out on the road bike
    Double who the fark are you?
    Monging all,
    Hopefully the idiots that run the warehouse can be replaced by robots then they can't screw things up so much. A sentient robot would be vastly preferable to the retarded incompetent phucktard excuse for a man we have at the moment. Unfortunately robot pickers will be here before robot managers.
    Not much else to report, I could see on the way in today which was nice. Unfortunately the park gates were locked when I got there so I had to wait, then when I got to the other end I had to wait again. Doubt I'll have a quiet day as I'm rocking boats. Hopefully time will fly and I won't have to kill anyone as a result.
    Tea has been delivered and biscuits procured. Things are looking up.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Too early for science fiction/reality talk

Know it is too early, only had two hours sleep and then went on a night ride to emily moor. Then finished my terminator saga off.

Even though I worked in electronics it just seems too close, where do you draw the line.

Again not looking for an argument or sarcastic comments. Just an observation that seems scarily like now.

We didn't have a house phone till i was in my teens so i get blood flow over most new hi tech stuff though i don't understand it.

Morning wenches,

Rained overnight here but sun is out now which means the grass will be knee high by lunch time and i'll be out taming it, other than that i aint got diddly squat, toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Lunch time.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    now time for a cuppa.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Until there are sex robots girls that cook and clean.. I'm disappointed with progress.

In other news good afternoon!

Works sucks, indoor bike tonight! and that is all!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Until there are sex robots girls that cook and clean.. I'm disappointed with progress.
    This is what we need.

Evening Gits, out for a sneaky cider or two after work as I deserve it. May catch up on some footy lager and sling some kit in the car ready for Thursdays Welsh escapade :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Oh yeah, forgot to say must get round to watching Genisys. The franchise went off the boil after T2 but still worth a watch. Will never be quite the same without my celebrity lookylike though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Evening gimps,

Skynet, terminator, meh. I want a Baymax.

Slow ride in this morning, just didn't have any energy. There was a point where I though I should pick up the pace but that didn't last. Work went faster than usual because I actually done some, followed by a good ride home. Now I'm knacked.

Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Until there are sex robots girls that cook and clean.. I'm disappointed with progress.

Priorities in order then, sexist robots hmmm lol
  • Oh yeah, forgot to say must get round to watching Genisys. The franchise went off the boil after T2 but still worth a watch. Will never be quite the same without my celebrity lookylike though.

It is surprisingly good IMO. I haven't even bothered to watch Salvation.

In my eyes this is the true follow up to T2.
  • Stevo_666
    Oh yeah, forgot to say must get round to watching Genisys. The franchise went off the boil after T2 but still worth a watch. Will never be quite the same without my celebrity lookylike though.

Its on the list to see.
  • Oh yeah, forgot to say must get round to watching Genisys. The franchise went off the boil after T2 but still worth a watch. Will never be quite the same without my celebrity lookylike though.

Its on the list to see.

Did the IMAX, got it on Sky and Blu Ray in the post.

Either it is good or I just like 80s throw backs. But I am looking forward to Top Gun 2 I think, will they spoil one of my top ten films?