Idea for relaxed 2 weeks trip in Europe with kids

nathwilt
nathwilt Posts: 4
edited October 2015 in Family & kids cycling forum
I am looking to go somewhere in Europe at Easter with the 4 kids . Last year, we went just down the road on the Isle of Wight. Amazing !

- safe cycling
- relaxed, not too many miles
- relatively cheap . how to carry or rent 6 bikes and 2 trailers? we cannoot afford "ready made " package (or maybe there are some cheaper compagny oon the market?)
- place of interests?

Thanks for your help, Nathalie

Comments

• zebra67
    zebra67 Posts: 113
    There was a sad (good but sad) account in recent issue of CTC about a guy who rode down the Danube trail with his daughters (long distance cycling route), which goes (I think) from Koln/Cologne in Germany to Budapest. I've ridden part of that route & it's quite easy to follow.

Another possibility (again poached from CTC) is to go to Holland & see how far around the Baltic coast you can get in 2 weeks. Lots of flat cycling friendly countries to pass thru. Josie Dew did this with small children again written up in not so long ago issue of CTC magazine.
  • brianbee
    brianbee Posts: 330
    There was a sad (good but sad) account in recent issue of CTC about a guy who rode down the Danube trail with his daughters (long distance cycling route), which goes (I think) from Koln/Cologne in Germany to Budapest. I've ridden part of that route & it's quite easy to follow.

Another possibility (again poached from CTC) is to go to Holland & see how far around the Baltic coast you can get in 2 weeks. Lots of flat cycling friendly countries to pass thru. Josie Dew did this with small children again written up in not so long ago issue of CTC magazine.

The Baltic is quite a long way from Holland ? wouldn't you be better off starting in Germany ?