Replacement tyres

snowster
snowster Posts: 490
edited November 2015 in The workshop
Has anyone had any experience of these need a replacement sole use is for is commuting during the winter months
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-zaffiro-pro-folding-clincher-road-tyre/

Comments

• they'd be ok but continental gatorskins have puncture protection - always used those will litttle issue
  • kirkee
    kirkee Posts: 369
    Vittoria Rubino pros maybe worth a try. The 25mm tend to run narrow so if you have the clearance on your frame possibly go wider with the 28 mm for the winter. I think the Rubino pro are decent value as the gators are a bit over priced IMO.
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Vittoria Rubino pros maybe worth a try. The 25mm tend to run narrow so if you have the clearance on your frame possibly go wider with the 28 mm for the winter. I think the Rubino pro are decent value as the gators are a bit over priced IMO.

Not sure I'd want to use the Rubino Pro for the Winter, I've just swapped them off for the Raddeoneur Pro, which I can do as there is plenty of clearance; possibly Rubino Pro technical, as they're meant to be a bit hardier.

I've used Gatorskins and Gatorskin hardshell and have always been disappointed with how easily they cut up. I also found them a bit slippery in the wet.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I used to use gatorskins and rubino pros, no real issues with either in many thousands of miles I think I had 2 fairy visits in about 10,000 miles. I've just bought a durano plus for the winter, not ridden on it yet though, I have high hopes.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017