Focus Cpx seat post. Seat clamp

Red1423
Red1423 Posts: 5
edited October 2015 in Family & kids cycling forum
Hi, first time user of the forum. Could anyone help with a query as to whether it's possible to get a replacement seat clamp on a 2014 focus Cpx seat post, which is on my Cayo 1.0. I was hoping to replace the Fizik seat for a Toupe pro carbon railed seat. But the carbon rails are larger than the manganese ones, rather than having to change the full seat post which has the di2 integrated battery fitted ?
Cheers.

Comments

• brianbee
    brianbee Posts: 330
    Hi, first time user of the forum. Could anyone help with a query as to whether it's possible to get a replacement seat clamp on a 2014 focus Cpx seat post, which is on my Cayo 1.0. I was hoping to replace the Fizik seat for a Toupe pro carbon railed seat. But the carbon rails are larger than the manganese ones, rather than having to change the full seat post which has the di2 integrated battery fitted ?
    Cheers.

You mean thicker diameter ? That will be because its carbon, how much larger ? I would be surprised if it wont fit, The spacing will be the same its just if there is enough adjustment to accommodate the larger CSA. Ask the retailer
  • Yes I was meaning would a carbon rail not be to large to seat in the original seat clamp grooves, as its larger in circumference. Thought maybe it wouldn't clamp a carbon railed seat tightly enough ?
    Cheers anyway.
  • brianbee
    Yes I was meaning would a carbon rail not be to large to seat in the original seat clamp grooves, as its larger in circumference. Thought maybe it wouldn't clamp a carbon railed seat tightly enough ?
    Cheers anyway.

How much larger ?if it will fit, it will clamp !
  • Talking mm.s, the Toupe pro is sitting slightly proud in the original seat clamp grooves. Not sure if it would possibly start moving/ loosening when riding ?
  • brianbee
    Talking mm.s, the Toupe pro is sitting slightly proud in the original seat clamp grooves. Not sure if it would possibly start moving/ loosening when riding ?

run a needle file through them ?
  • Cheers