Slighty OT: Pushchairs and stuff

mpatts
mpatts Posts: 1,010
edited November 2015 in Family & kids cycling forum
Morning,

Mrs Mpatts is expecting, FWC arriving end of feb. As such we are looking at pushchairs etc.

Mini Mpatts is 9, but it seems things have moved on a little with regards to things.

We live out in the sticks and we all cycle/run/walk etc. I hate pushchairs but realise they are important.

Any ideas?

I have been looking at chariots.
Insert bike here:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    used to sell quite a few Croozers to the mad Swedes

Bike-Trailer-Stroller-Types2.png
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    A bugaboo chamelion is not suitable for off-road usage due to the small wheels.

We also have an "out and about" double with 12inch pneumatic tyres and some suspension. It is much better to push and comfortable for passengers. Makes me think the bugaboo is massively overrated.
    Avoid anything with small wheels, phuematic are better for comfort - worse for punctures!
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    A bugaboo chamelion is not suitable for off-road usage due to the small wheels.

We also have an "out and about" double with 12inch pneumatic tyres and some suspension. It is much better to push and comfortable for passengers. Makes me think the bugaboo is massively overrated.
    Avoid anything with small wheels, phuematic are better for comfort - worse for punctures!

Thanks all for the tips.

I already putting aside enough stans tape to convert to tubeless
    :D
    Insert bike here:
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Another "Out and About" - we've got one and the boss happily takes it up a road called Marsh Lane - yes - it is as the name describes ...

Folding it is a bit of a fuggers buddle though ... quite why they went for that method I'll never fathom! Ideally you'd be able to fold/unfold whilst holding the baby ... but you can't ... not easily.
  • A bit late to the party for this topic, but we're also an out 'n' about family. On second child now, the little one loves it so much he sits and grabs the front rail with a wide grin on his face before you've even left and promptly falls asleep about 500m into the run. Agreed that it doesn't fold down very well, but we only take it out from home so have no need to fold it other than for storage. I've done a half marathon with the first child in and still managed 1:50 despite starting amongst all the walkers at the back of the field..
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    , the little one loves it so much he sits and grabs the front rail with a wide grin on his face
    Mine puts his feet up on the bar ....

hmm .. perhaps he's a little too laid back!

But when you lay him on a mat and take his trousers off the legs and arms go wild ...

I think he'll be a sprinter ... :D