Viner Mitus

theraggyone
theraggyone Posts: 147
edited July 2017 in Your road bikes
Got my new frame delivered on friday and have been busy stripping down my pro carbon and building up my new bike 8) i got the small frame in the end and im glad i did as i can already feel it fits me well. i still need to make a few bike fit adjustments and give it all a final inspection before i take it for its maiden voyage this weekend but i cant wait :D

i will post better photos when i get a chance it was 11.30pm when i finished fettling last night :P

DSC_1369.jpg

DSC_1446.jpg

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Very nice.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That looks really nice. Like the accents on the frame.

I think a compact curve bar may look better, but how it rides is more important.
  • i did have compacts originally on my previous bike and i just didnt get on with them so when a good deal came up on these deda carbon ergo bars i snapped them up and they fit me so much better :) but i do agree that compacts look nice
  • frame looks well.......bars not so much (bit big/deep?).....what size cassette is that as looks huge?!!
  • Cassette is 11-32 and is getting xhanged to an 11-26 when funds allow its what came with my previous bike. The bars do look big in the pic but I think its an optical illusion caused by a bad photo . Anyway they fit me great so thats what matters:-P
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Cassette is 11-32 and is getting xhanged to an 11-26 when funds allow its what came with my previous bike. The bars do look big in the pic but I think its an optical illusion caused by a bad photo . Anyway they fit me great so thats what matters:-P

Be interested in a ride report after you have had it a while, these look great but I read somewhere that Planet X just bought the name and use it on Chinese generic carbon framesets (no idea if that's true or not though, but the frameset does look nice)
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • planet x definatly did buy the viner name and it is an open mould chinese frame (hong fu fm066SL i think) same frame as their RT90 as far as i know.

but it did get great reviews by lots of satisfied riders, backed by a uk warrenty ,quality control and it was half price:P
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    planet x definatly did buy the viner name and it is an open mould chinese frame (hong fu fm066SL i think) same frame as their RT90 as far as i know.

but it did get great reviews by lots of satisfied riders, backed by a uk warrenty ,quality control and it was half price:P

Looks good and a ride report would be great after you have got some miles in! 8)
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • planet x definatly did buy the viner name and it is an open mould chinese frame (hong fu fm066SL i think) same frame as their RT90 as far as i know.

Looks good and a ride report would be great after you have got some miles in! 8)

Will do once ive actually had a chance to ride it everything is conspiring against me at the moment.....
  • theraggyone
    edited December 2015
    Went for a shakedown ride today and got some better pictures, bike feels amazing, fits better than my pro carbon did im really pleased I decided to get the smaller frame and use a longer stem. Final wieght with pedals, bottle cages and garmin mount is 7.6 kgs.

edit: have now removed some spacers lowering the stem 13mm and cut the steerer down ,so the silly spacer stack on top is gone :P

DSC_1552.jpg

DSC_1548.jpg

DSC_1547.jpg

DSC_1545.jpg
  • Real nice bike.

Must admit my RT90 is awesome to ride. Frame set is great.
  • Little update with some new better pictures as ive just finished wrapping the bars with the supacaz tape I got for Christmas, love this bike its exactly what I wanted when I swapped the frame

IMG_20151228_153922.jpg

DSC_1878.jpg

DSC_1871_1.jpg

DSC_1880_1.jpg
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    planet x definatly did buy the viner name and it is an open mould chinese frame (hong fu fm066SL i think) same frame as their RT90 as far as i know.

so who else uses this frame?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    I don't know of anyone branding them up other than the planet x family but there are lots and lots of hong-fus around. Its a well rated frame and there have been some beautiful builds.... like this one for example....

http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/hong-fu-fm066-sl-20930

I was going to get one sent over myself but bagged a PX frame in the xmas sale for £cheap so I will be built=ding that up for summer....
  • Some awsome self builds of the factory spec frame out there. Planet x and Viner have spec a different carbon layup + full paint job. Plus you get an excellent, ultra lightweight frameset with a warranty etc.

I'm over the moon with my RT90. Great climber.

Some self build factory frame...

11736174594_a0b93cf07d_b.jpg

11736955986_d8d8d222e2_b.jpg

11736045303_62bbabc368_b.jpg
  • Oops yes that's the Fm69 with triangle at the seat tube. Rest is the same though :D
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Oops yes that's the Fm69 with triangle at the seat tube. Rest is the same though :D
    err no it's not!
  • dwanes wrote:
    Oops yes that's the Fm69 with triangle at the seat tube. Rest is the same though :D
    err no it's not!

It is.

The 066 and 069 are essentially the same apart from the seat tube triangle and BB options in the 69.

The Viner and Planet x frames are the 066 mould with different carbon and layups and obviously a sprey tan compared to the factory set.

Nothing wrong with this mind. Ribble and De Rosa famously used the same frame a year or so ago.

Images of the factory moulds (different size frames)

Here's the 069..
    FM069-From-HongFu-Bikes-Chinese-Road-Frame.jpg

And the 066..
    444134893_081.jpg
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    dwanes wrote:
    err no it's not!

It is.

The 066 and 069 are essentially the same apart from the seat tube triangle and BB options in the 69.

The Viner and Planet x frames are the 066 mould with different carbon and layups and obviously a sprey tan compared to the factory set.

Nothing wrong with this mind. Ribble and De Rosa famously used the same frame a year or so ago.

Here's the 069..

And the 066..
    444134893_081.jpg

The bottom bracket area looks different, the headtube area looks different, the cabling enters in a slightly different area, the seat tube profile looks different.
    Did you ever do spot-the-difference as a kid?
  • ravey1981
    dwanes wrote:
    err no it's not!

It is.

Here's the 069..

And the 066..
    444134893_081.jpg

How do you know they use different carbon and layups? (I bet they don't...) Hong-fu will do you any paint job you want for $80 too. I was so close to getting a hong-fu when the px frames went down to £319 in the xmas sale...silliy cheap at that price....
  • I would be suprised if the carbon was differant too, ive seen photo evidence of a label inside the headtube of an RT80 with fm066 printed on it, I even checked my viner frame when it arrived and the label was there but it had been sanded so it could not be read..im positive the RT80 is a fm066 and the RT90 and viner are fm066sl. The fm069 is completely differant looks a bit like a canyon.

Its a great frame I love mine exactly what I was after, but I made sure I researched alot before buying it so I new exactly what I was getting, then when it came up at a silly price I snapped it up and I dont regret it for a minute its a big upgrade on my old pro carbon
  • ravey1981
    I would be suprised if the carbon was differant too, ive seen photo evidence of a label inside the headtube of an RT80 with fm066 printed on it, I even checked my viner frame when it arrived and the label was there but it had been sanded so it could not be read..im positive the RT80 is a fm066 and the RT90 and viner are fm066sl. The fm069 is completely differant looks a bit like a canyon.

Its a great frame I love mine exactly what I was after, but I made sure I researched alot before buying it so I new exactly what I was getting, then when it came up at a silly price I snapped it up and I dont regret it for a minute its a big upgrade on my old pro carbon

Good to know, I went for the 80 (Purely based on the fact I prefered the paint job....yes...I know :roll: ), have loved riding my pro carbon over the years, it's currently performing turbo duties, but really looking forward to building up the new frame in a couple of months time...
  • theraggyone
    Latest upgrades as of today( 40th birthday) Sram red chainset and Sram force rear derailleur, also new closer ratio 11-26 force cassette and new chain :-) wieghs bang on 7kg now with cages,garmin mount and pedals

DSC_2073.jpg
  • ravey1981
    Looks well wearing those, I'd prob de-sticker them though. Not sure about the shape of those bars but everyone has their personal preferences I suppose.
  • The wheel graphics are not stickers so I cant murder them out but they are pretty subtle unlike alot of rims ;-) i also like the bars they are a very comfy shape, light (full carbon) and fit my small hands really well giving just the right positions with a good amount of drop( i ride the drops alot).

I did have compacts on an old bike and hated them, if I had compacts on this I would need to slam the stem the final 8mm to get the right amount of drop for me and change the stem to 130mm. This would look good but cost alot for no real gain and I need the money for my next purchase which will be a power meter :-P

Thanks for the comments though always good to hear peoples opinions. Your rt80 is looking really good btw although I would never have white bar tape, i would have to change it way to often lol. Love the tan wall tyres B-)
  • ravey1981
    The wheel graphics are not stickers so I cant murder them out but they are pretty subtle unlike alot of rims ;-) i also like the bars they are a very comfy shape, light (full carbon) and fit my small hands really well giving just the right positions with a good amount of drop( i ride the drops alot).

I did have compacts on an old bike and hated them, if I had compacts on this I would need to slam the stem the final 8mm to get the right amount of drop for me and change the stem to 130mm. This would look good but cost alot for no real gain and I need the money for my next purchase which will be a power meter :-P

Thanks for the comments though always good to hear peoples opinions. Your rt80 is looking really good btw although I would never have white bar tape, i would have to change it way to often lol. Love the tan wall tyres B-)

Bars are one of those personal things, everyone likes something different. I'm loving the rt80, its such a great bike to ride. Yeah the white bar tape is because I'm a bit of a tart lol... I use the deda carbon tape on most of my bikes, it has a slight sheen to it so cleans up really easily just a quick spray with citrus degreaser and a wipe with a sponge when I'm washing the bike down.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Apologies for the grave-dig but does anyone happen to know which model number Wheels Manufacturing hanger fits these frames?
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D