Noobie

RKOD
RKOD Posts: 2
edited October 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hey people,
I'm new to the scene and wondering what bike I should start with. I've got a carrera vengeance 6061 t6 right now, a couple years old, but i feel Im missing out on it. Is there something that would be better and I could sell the carrera? what should i do?
cheers

p.s. also any good trails in south england/wales this time of year? was thinking rhyd ddu snowdonia

Comments

• mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    Depends entirely on how much you want to spend and if you want to stick with a hardtail.
  • brianbee
    brianbee Posts: 330
    Hey people,
    I'm new to the scene and wondering what bike I should start with. I've got a carrera vengeance 6061 t6 right now, a couple years old, but i feel Im missing out on it. Is there something that would be better and I could sell the carrera? what should i do?
    cheers

p.s. also any good trails in south england/wales this time of year? was thinking rhyd ddu snowdonia

There is not much wrong with the vengeance that a better set of forks and some light weight tyres wont put right. How much were you thinking of spending on your new steed ?
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    I love my 2014 vengeance to bits.. Done over a thousand miles on it!

I put better lighter tyres on it almost immediately as the stock oem kendas were shockingly rubbish. That helps!

The forks are crap too, but not game ruining but a decent replacement will set you back the best part of 200quid..ouch!

I guess you nnee to look at what you want to do that your bike is holding you back with..
  • brianbee
    brianbee Posts: 330

The forks are crap too, but not game ruining but a decent replacement will set you back the best part of 200quid..ouch!

New, maybe, second hand forks that are a vast improvement on OE can be bought quite reasonably priced, Ive seen rebas for sale for 70 quid , my Toras cost me £40
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    SID's £70 and some Revs for the daughter £70, My sons Magura were £100 and my old Manitou's were £50 and will be being sold once serviced!

Suntour Epicon can be found for circa £135 new if you must have new.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.