Specialized Warranty

chrisrobs
chrisrobs Posts: 135
edited October 2015 in MTB general
My 2013 Specialized Camber has died after 2 1/2 years use. It has a crack above the bb shell. I emailed their main customer service team a couple of days ago but haven't had any response. The bike was bought in May 2013 from bikescene.co.uk and I did register it on the Specialized website at the time I purchased it.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience of Specialized's warranty scheme? The site says they offer a lifetime warranty on frames and i've heard they have a good rep for honouring this.

Also now that I don't have a ride can anyone recommend a decent hardtail frame? I want to swap over my parts and run it through the winter. Ideally needs to have tapered head tube, 142 rear axle and 30.9 seatpost.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Spesh do have a good reputation on honouring warranty indeed - I've heard initial responses can be a bit slow, but once you're in the 'system' it speeds up, I've heard the concept stores can help getting a claim going faster.

Frame suggestions...Budget? I understand that will be 110mm forks and 29er? The On-one Parkwood is a good all round HT frame if you can swap the rear wheel to 135/10, a 142 rear isnt that common on HT's and will be a fair bit pricier (like more than the cost of a new rear wheel pricier!).
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/bikes/mountain-bikes/parkwood
    Or the Lurcher if you want lighter CF
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FROOLUR29DP/on-one-lurcher-carbon-hardtail-29er-frame
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You need to contact the seller for warranty claims.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    The warranty is via the reseller if possible, if not any specialized dealer (shop).
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I had a frame on a 7 year old bike replaced last year without any hassle whatsoever. You need to take the bike back to the shop you bought it from and they will deal with Specialized on your behalf.
  • chrisrobs
    chrisrobs Posts: 135
    Sent it back to the Bikescene today, the guy at the shop was really confident they would give me a new front triangle with no questions asked. Only question is if they have any 26inch frame in stock. We shall wait and see.