Garmin Edge non-existent ride?

Baron Ban Ana
Baron Ban Ana Posts: 39
edited October 2015 in Road general
Just a quick question...

Did anybody have any problems with their Garmin today (25/10/15)?

I lost all of today's ride data (doesn't show up in the Garmin history on my PC at all).

After trawling through the Garmin forums, it's definitely a common problem but I did see the mention of Clocks going back/forward a possible issue on a couple of threads. Then I realised that I was one of two riders in my group today who both lost rides (His a 510, mine a 500).

I have never had this issue before (always press Start, Stop and Reset) so I am guessing it threw a wobbly due to time differences, so at least I can take precautions next time!!!

Would just be interesting to see if anybody else lost a ride (or part of it today).

Comments

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,477
    My 500 was fine today. Logged two rides - out and back. Return leg a bit shorter than expected but nothing unusual. Just Waypoints announcing junctions 35ft AFTER the turn but that's not surprising.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    My Garmin 500 was fine today. I went out at 8:30 this morning and noticed that my Garmin had changed to the correct time, and no problems with the ride when downloaded.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    edited October 2015
    My Garmin Edge Touring recorded yesterday's ride properly. Not synced / uploaded it yet though...
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    Mine was a bit dodgy today going to work. Halfway there and it started updating GPS software and skipped between that and the searching satellite screen for ages. THen when it started working again it lost Satellite reception for the remainder of the ride. Ive no idea what happened
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0