The long Sunday

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited October 2015 in The bottom bracket
Most of you have gained an hour today, I woke up this morning and had gained a year! :D

Rain.

Dark.

Retired.

Went back to bed to reclaim my hour.

62 if you want to take the pi55
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I remember the days when an extra hour in bed meant much more than be grateful for an extra hour kip. :cry:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Nice day here although all the leaves seem to have fallen off he trees last night and onto the driveway which of course the EPO will want sweeping. Not sure if I shoukd use her broomstick to do it?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Many Happy Returns T47.

Beautiful spring day here. Drive in countryside, lunch, a walk and photo op with some waterfalls... excellent.

22273608279_e60bffe9b0_k.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Where are you Wheelspinner - Middle Earth?

Af'noon Noork supports and theoretical retirees (Happy Birthday BTW)

Might pedal later, the forecast is wrong so far. Croissant in the oven and coffee on the go. Marvellous aroma's.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Many Happy Returns T47.

Beautiful spring day here. Drive in countryside, lunch, a walk and photo op with some waterfalls... excellent.

22273608279_e60bffe9b0_k.jpg
    Not far from Middle Earth. As one Aussie wit pointed out, they filmed Lord of the Rings in New Zealand because they didn't need to put any make up on the extras :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    ^ 1600 miles roughly. Far enough away for either parties.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening all,
    Shame you can't go back to bed and reclaim the year 47. Happy birthday as well.
    Been out to the wilds of the norff for a 1st birthday party with the EPO's family. Lots of small children, makes me glad mine are that bit older.
    Need a drink now so will soon be remedying that.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Best returns sir!

Legs hurt, 85 solid miles into Wales punishing my mates with some of the bigger climbs. Think I punished myself just as much.

Not sure I enjoyed todays sport though I put the rugby on over the soccer. Roast dinner a movie and the dogs in front of the fire this evening I think. Not a bad way to end a day.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    That's "The Grotto" at Fitzroy Falls here, about an hour and a half south west. The main falls is much more impressive to see at about 85m drop but doesn't photograph that well because you can't (easily) get close enough.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    I only managed an hour and 20 mins in the wind and cold of an evening ride after playing with toots most of the day. Bah.
  • Stevo_666
    I only managed an hour and 20 mins in the wind and cold of an evening ride after playing with toots most of the day. Bah.
    Does an hour of running round a park with a hound count as 'exercise' ?
  • pinno

Yeah, i'll give you that. Would not have been much less energetic than my glass cranking sesh. Just wait till cockerpoodledoo gets a scent of some other pooch that's sniffing proper, then it will be real exercise.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Do forumites have to get a cockerdoodlepoo if they get a dog? There are 2 of those things near me, both owned by people on the forum in the communting section. I do live in communting central.
  • Stevo_666

Yeah, i'll give you that. Would not have been much less energetic than my glass cranking sesh. Just wait till cockerpoodledoo gets a scent of some other pooch that's sniffing proper, then it will be real exercise.
    I let him off the lead and see what happens - usually involves him charging up to other dogs like a small manic bear on springs and play fighting with them and/or sniffing their arrises.
  • Stevo_666
    Do forumites have to get a cockerdoodlepoo if they get a dog? There are 2 of those things near me, both owned by people on the forum in the communting section. I do live in communting central.
    Not sure but they seem to be very popular at the moment - seem to have major 'cute' appeal judging by the way he was mobbed last Friday afternoon when I was walking him round Bromley town centre. Mostly by women, so I must do this more often - maybe on a Friday night next time :)