Web for guides and routes

AngelaSantos
AngelaSantos Posts: 3
edited October 2015 in Road beginners
Hi everyone!

I am new (like, I just made my first long route this summer) and I'm looking for webs where I can get the tracks and a little bit of touristic guide about the places we are visiting and all that.

I got into this web called woow.bike which is pretty good, but just in case there is something similar to it that can also help me plan my trips..

Thank you in advance!!

Angela

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi Angela

I cant say I have ever used any such sites, but what is a good tool for route finding or planning are sites like http://www.mapmyride.com they are mainly used to plot routes and uploading gps tracks from Garmins etc but they can be used to look for well used and recommended roads. If you don't already own one and the money is not an issue, A garmin 800 810 or 1000 would give you real time route guidance and the ability to change route mid ride if needed. Also upload and see how your ride went.

If you don't want to shell out for a dedicated computer, smart phones do a great job doing the same thing again if you don't already do so.
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Strava is also a good place to look. Either search rides in the area you are going to, or select a start and finish point, and it'll calculate a route for you, using the most popular cycling roads along the way.