It's Friday, I'm in .....

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited October 2015 in The bottom bracket
Near civilisation.

Ciao to all - have 24 hours in civilisation before heading off again so thought I'd say ciao. Today will consist of coffee, dog walking and chillin' before some more packing and heading back off.

I tripped over a bicycle earlier - does that count as mileage?

Ciao

M
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• I'm in... The same bloody office again.

However next week looks interesting, Scotishland on Monday, Leicester and Chesterfield on Tuesday, office wednesday, Anglsey on Thursday & Friday.

This weekend is looking shit already, Saturday is full of rain and kids football, Sunday usually consists of a hangover so riding is looking a bit limited.

No doubt I'll be dragged shopping somewhere which I really can't be arsed with.

Arse... Says it all really.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Near civilisation.

Ciao to all - have 24 hours in civilisation before heading off again so thought I'd say ciao. Today will consist of coffee, dog walking and chillin' before some more packing and heading back off.

Ciao

M
    Welcome briefly back MW :D You've been gone for long periods lately? Special Ops in Syria??
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Buongiorno MF, and the rest of you reprobates.
    Pleasant wobble in this morning with a coffee stop on the way. Is stopping for coffee after a couple of miles allowed? Stopping every couple of miles could be considered excessive though. Hopefully will be a quiet day in the office today, doesn't seem to be panning out quite like that. Pesky customers keep interrupting.
    Looking forward to the weekend even though tomorrow will consist of lots of DIY and fettling and Sunday involves a trip to see the EPO's family in the wilds of the Norff. Norff London that is.
  • Matthewfalle
    Near civilisation.

Ciao

M
    Welcome briefly back MW :D You've been gone for long periods lately? Special Ops in Syria??

Ciao - many thanks for the welcome: I almost feel like its returning home <sniff, sniff>.

Unfortunately work has got a bit hectic: also meant to be away for most of next month and the whole of Jan/most of Feb but trying to get out of next months bits (which I seem to be doing quite successfully. March all goes hectic again, but hey, it pays the mortgage I suppose.

Trying to get used to not being boiling stinking hot during the day and utterly freezing cold at night. Nothing a decent lot of grumbling and moaning doesn't sort out though.

So what's been going on around here? Had a flick through a couple of the forums but nothing really seemed to jump out except a man with even skinnier arms than me who can't make his arm warmers stay up. Will grab a coffee in a bit and see if I can wreak some havoc .....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    this place is starting to have as much life as a Norwegian Parrot..........

Today is working from home with hours of fun. Later isn't the pub as driving the wife to a work's night out, so fail :(
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Near civilisation.

Ciao

M

Ciao - many thanks for the welcome: I almost feel like its returning home <sniff, sniff>.

Unfortunately work has got a bit hectic: also meant to be away for most of next month and the whole of Jan/most of Feb but trying to get out of next months bits (which I seem to be doing quite successfully. March all goes hectic again, but hey, it pays the mortgage I suppose.

Trying to get used to not being boiling stinking hot during the day and utterly freezing cold at night. Nothing a decent lot of grumbling and moaning doesn't sort out though.

So what's been going on around here? Had a flick through a couple of the forums but nothing really seemed to jump out except a man with even skinnier arms than me who can't make his arm warmers stay up. Will grab a coffee in a bit and see if I can wreak some havoc .....

Pretty dead lately as mention above.

Pinno has gone (more) power crazy and broken every rule in the book in a desperate attempt to make page one of the all time posts leader board memberlist.php?sk=d&sd=d with success (grudgingly)

Stevo is now official a boring old git.

TLW1 aka Nick Cage 'Leaving Last Vegas' is still drinking himself to death.

Seano has been reduced to posting naked pics of himself in 'Things of great beauty'

V68 has been rendered impotent. And as there are no mods see 'what happened to Supersonic' knock yourself out MW :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno gone power crazy? Shurely Shome Mishtake? And there I was, thinking that he was a serious, level headed kinda guy.........

I glanced at the Mods thing - now that seems an open invite to turn this into some kind of Mad Max style world - we're all going to Valhalla. What a lovely day .........................................

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Stevo is now official a boring old git.
    One out of three isn't bad :wink:

Enjoying the day off. Took Muttley for a walk through Bromley town centre while the girls went shopping :roll: and was mobbed by women and children wanting to meet the hound. Looks like he has passed the test and is now fully qualified to be my 'wing dog' :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I've now been promoted to a position in Mrs HDs office.

What a life...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Where tf have you been MF? I thought with all this modern technology, you could get tinternet anywhere or is that just the yanks' equipment that can do that?

Today I have been working a little and having a fight with a sender unit.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Where tf have you been MF? I thought with all this modern technology, you could get tinternet anywhere or is that just the yanks' equipment that can do that?

Today I have been working a little and having a fight with a sender unit.

Laters.

Ciao

Actually been having to do some work and get my hands dirty for once - all good fun. Wish people would stop bleeding all over my clothes though. Bit messy at times but some frivolity and much man up juice being doled out.

It's just the septics who have decent internet really - we're still losing comms when we move further than 100 yards apart.

Days plans went out of the plan at about 5 - just walked back in from work now.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    FFS, don't get clipped mate. Isn't it time you thought about safe, dog walking, coffee drinking, Tiramisu scoffing, Panettone chomping, womanising (but sometimes slightly boring) civvy street?
  • Matthewfalle
    FFS, don't get clipped mate. Isn't it time you thought about safe, dog walking, coffee drinking, Tiramisu scoffing, Panettone chomping, womanising (but sometimes slightly boring) civvy street?

Nah - that would mean I'd have to buy my own clothes and stop spending all of your tax money on bits of bicycle for me to trip over.

Seriously - all relatively under control but my name has, unfortunately, been tagged as someone who has a rough idea of how to do their job, so shortlisted for random bits and bobs - nothing I can't try my hardest to get out of though :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    You can't do it forever. By the time you next get back, this place will be a ghost town forum.
  • Matthewfalle
    You can't do it forever. By the time you next get back, this place will be a ghost town forum.

I think you may be right - it has got very, very sensible around here: it seems that the squares may have taken over the asylum.........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

I think you may be right - it has got very, very sensible around here: it seems that the squares may have taken over the asylum.........

With a severe lack of modding*. Funny. There's some psychological mileage in that.

Or at least mods who have lost their magic powers and gone green.