Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    F4C37F84-D86B-4E4D-AFE9-C7CD39883A6F_zpskypfrqm3.png
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I have every intention of attempting to do less today :D
    How can you do any less? You can't stop breathing.
    All good intentions for riding in through the rain disappeared at the first hint of an excuse to drive in, and I made it sound like I only drove to be nice to the Mrs. What a gent.
    Quiet in work today, hopefully it will stay that way. Pub later to drink beer of the brown variety. Might get up to some mischief if I get bored enough.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Just had an earthquake :shock:

That's enough excitement for one day.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Had a bit too much plonk last night as MrsHD was stressed out so I took her out for dinner.

Managed a quick 30 minute turbo session before work though so worked some of the alcohol out onto the garage floor.

Not sure what today will bring but I expect it will be a bit meh...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    It is moist out there. Waited till 8.30 to set off to work today to let the M56 reopen. A wise idea, did mean no parking at work so I am currently parked in a bad place but meh, I'll try sort it later. I am bored of this Ribble Valley commute though.

Quite liked the new Star Wars Trailer.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning Noork supports

Thing 1 is away with mum on a train trip norf so I have thing 2 to entertain and millions of improbable questions to answer.

Did the Isetta survive the tremor T47?

On the subject of trailers, they ain't 'alf plugging Sceptre. 6 ads in a row for it during a break in Homeland.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Product adds left right and centre eh
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Had a bit too much plonk last night as MrsHD was stressed out so I took her out for dinner.
    Glad that Stoptober nonsense has stopped properly.
    Thanks for the tips around Como, we had a great time. Weather could have been better in terms of visibility, but can't grumble as it's October. There was snow on the hill immediately South of Menaggio, first fall so low this season I was told. Probably gone by now as Monday was a lovely sunny day.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    edited October 2015
    Morning Noork supports

Thing 1 is away with mum on a train trip norf so I have thing 2 to entertain and millions of improbable questions to answer.

Did the Isetta survive the tremor T47?

3.4 on the Richter scale, I was 15km from epicenter.

Front door rattled, a painting moved, and I could feel the full force of the tremor from my position of relative safety laying on the sofa, I damn near got up. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Had a bit too much plonk last night as MrsHD was stressed out so I took her out for dinner.
    Glad that Stoptober nonsense has stopped properly.
    Thanks for the tips around Como, we had a great time. Weather could have been better in terms of visibility, but can't grumble as it's October. There was snow on the hill immediately South of Menaggio, first fall so low this season I was told. Probably gone by now as Monday was a lovely sunny day.

It was a stupid idea really...

Glad you had a nice time but for reference, we've had an October half term week there when I packed for poor weather and had to wear the same shorts all week.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    'Daddy daddy, why do you spend all ****ing day posting on that bike forum?' :wink:

Evenin all, busy day saving tax and just had a nice curry for dinner. Must pedal tomorrow to burn it off. My ear is recovering from a mauling by the dog. That'll teach me to try retrieving Muttleys toys from under the sofa when he's nearby. Little git.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Day of meetings in Solihull was improved by the 6.5 mile run before work and the early dart because we had to move cars around, this resulted in the pub - so I'm now cycling in tomorrow
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Woken up by a client call at 6:30am......and was sorted by the normal start time of 9. Just wondering should I send an invoice to make their eyes water....First ever threshold session which was tough and a Zone 2 fasted ride early doors tomorrow.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    So 3 things to mangle your ears then Stevo?

Thing 2 watched the Jungle book whilst I posted on here. Both happy.
  • veronese68
    Woken up by a client call at 6:30am......and was sorted by the normal start time of 9. Just wondering should I send an invoice to make their eyes water....First ever threshold session which was tough and a Zone 2 fasted ride early doors tomorrow.
    I only understood that bit, the answer is "yes".
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158

Yep.

Good diversionary tactic there - easier to occupy kids than it is dogs as the latter don't sit down and watch animated movies for more than a few seconds at a time...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Yep.

Good diversionary tactic there - easier to occupy kids than it is dogs as the latter don't sit down and watch animated movies for more than a few seconds at a time...

I only had one to occupy. Other toot was away with Mum all day. But bless her, we go to the 'Ratio' session which is only on a Sunday. So called because you cannot normally be more than 1 child, 1 adult and the main big water slide is not open. My fearless 3 year old went up and down the big green slide for an hour solid. Even surprised one of the life guards when I said she was only 3.

Dogs: give them an extensive run and chucking balls for them first thing and then they're less restless for the rest of the day. Dog walker's aren't too expensive. Bit like vans for crudders: they take all the work out of the problem.