Marzocchi lives...

Angus Young
Angus Young Posts: 3,063
edited October 2015 in MTB general
All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607

Comments

• John Wh
    John Wh Posts: 239
    The news influenced my next purchase ;-)
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    edited October 2015
    will the downgrade the zocchi stuff though, as on the whole I think they offer a better suspension platform fork wise than fox... fork wise at least not ridden the rear shocks.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    will the downgrade the zocchi stuff though, as on the whole I think they offer a better suspension platform for wise than fox... fork wise at least not ridden the rear shocks.

Quite.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think they will be turned into a budget-mid range brand. I can't see them wanting to compete with their own line up, which starts off expensive and high end (ish). The £100-£300 market is were Rockshox have a stranglehold - Rebas, Sektor, Recons, sell loads of them. Even SIDs and Revs cropping up at this price, and the new Yari might even come down similar.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Good for a price war at budget level, but we could lose out on high end competition with drives the technology down the prices.

Just not sure what to make of this, I think i'm disappointed
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    The hope would be that Fox would learn how to make forks with the unparalleled Marzocchi small bump sensitivity and offer it on their own Fox branded forks - even if they use continue to use the Marzocchi brand name as a low to mid-range offering.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    This is one of the many marketing tricks corporations do to control the market, what ever you buy, cheap/marzocchi or plain crap/fox they get their fair share of profit, It's not bad nor good
    this is the way market work, if you blow up your financials the opponent buys you out to get you out of their way and focusing on a different target group. Lets hope marzocchi will hold on on their way making forks
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Things will have to change at Marzocchi, if they were doing things right they wouldn't have gone bust.
    Their forks were very good but I think Fox forks are better quality and work better so it makes sense to keep Marzocchi as a separate brand to compete against X Fusion and Suntour in the budget but quality market and keep Fox as the high end brand. Maybe they could drop the bottom end Fox forks.
    I'm fairly certain Marzocchi will be kept as a separate brand and not re-badged as Fox, that would make no sense at all.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'd agree, and I think we will soon see the last of the little loved budget Fox Evo forks!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I'd agree, and I think we will soon see the last of the little loved budget Fox Evo forks!

It's about bloody time.