B&M Luxos B - reliable?

Ber Nard
Ber Nard Posts: 827
edited October 2015 in Commuting chat
Thinking of getting one as I need another light and I love the beam pattern of my Luxos U.

Catch is, I've had problems with my Luxos U flashing intermittently due to water ingress which seems to be a common fault. The only fix is replace under warranty and, as good a light as it is, I want something more reliable.

I can't find anything on the web to suggest the Luxos B suffers the same fault, so is it actually more reliable or is my Google-fu weak?

Comments

• Only problems I've ever heard with any B&M lights is when people turn their bikes upside down to wash. My Luxos B was rock solid last year, as was my IQ Cyo for the three before it.
  • Ber Nard
    Reassuring, ta.

My Luxos U died after a particularly heavy downpour. I suspect the remote switch/USB port is its weak point.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Two variations of Luxos U - early ones known to be problematic, later ones apparently not so. It's worth checking - if your old one was the old sort and the new one the new sort, then there's probably not much to worry about.

That said, mine is the new sort and one thing that has failed fairly quickly is the charging LED on the remote switch. It still works but it isn't necessarily immediately obvious that it is.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Ber Nard
    Yeah, it was a newer version of the Luxos U (wired in remote switch) that failed on me hence my concern.