Radon ZR race 27.5

97th choice
97th choice Posts: 2,222
edited February 2016 in Your mountain bikes
Not much on the web about these, £850 (€1200) gets you a mixture of SLX and XT kit, 750mm raceface bars, crossride wheels, a reba fork with remote lockout, and all under 11.5kg. Nice race geometry and she's had a new set of evo Racing Ralph's to replace the nasty plastic nobby nics.

p5pb13178035.jpg

p5pb13178036.jpg

p5pb13178041.jpg

p5pb13178049.jpg
Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
Radon ZR 27.5 Race
Btwin Alur700
Merida CX500

Comments

• Not seen these before, now you've had it a short while - care to enlighten us? How is it? Fun or fast? Average? Seems a bit of a bargain!
  • loudog
    loudog Posts: 136
    Ive had a radon slide for about 2 months now and its totally awesome. It climbs so well that I instantly gained the nickname Aladdin, flying up climbs on a magic carpet. No one can believe how much of a bargain it is.
    It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Great bike for the money. Hope it has served you well the last few months. How are you finding it?
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Pretty good bike after 6 months of use, it's light and climbs well, and despite the racy geometry can cope when you need to turn downhill. I'm not a fan of the basic selle italia seat and the grips but they are minor gripes.

As an aside the cross ride rims go up tubeless really well when you use the specific magic rim strips.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500