Garmin Help Needed

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I have tried searching for this and cannot find an answer.

I have a Garmin Etrex 30, which amongst other purposes, I use for commuting to work. On Thursday I commuted, however I didn't have a chance to upload the data to my computer (Mac) until today. As a few days had passed the data from the ride was no longer stored on the 'current track', but an 'archived track' - as viewed on the device. On the device, for a 'current track' I can elect to save portions of the track into separate tracks, however this option isn't available for an archived track. As the gps recorded both out and in legs of the cycle, I would like to separate these into two tracks. Ultimately, my question is how can I do this?

As it doesn't seem that I can do this on the device (not unless there is a backdoor way to do it), I have been trying to do this on my computer. I have Garmin Base Camp installed, but it is not the easiest of programmes to fathom. Can any users here help me with this?

*EDIT* Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but suspect there will be a few garmin users looking at this forum.

Thanks in advance,

CP

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    You can save the GPX file to your computer, open it in a text editor and copy the relevant portions to a new gpx file. Use the timestamps to determine where to split. There will be software/websites available to split gpx files as well.

In Strava you can split rides. Upload the gpx file and when you go to the page of the activity click on the spanner icon on the left and there should be an option to split the activity.
  • Thanks for the help, sounds easy enough. Will go for the text editor approach.

Cheers,
    CP
    You can save the GPX file to your computer, open it in a text editor and copy the relevant portions to a new gpx file. Use the timestamps to determine where to split. There will be software/websites available to split gpx files as well.

In Strava you can split rides. Upload the gpx file and when you go to the page of the activity click on the spanner icon on the left and there should be an option to split the activity.