Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    From Castelli Cafe:
    image.jpg1_zpshvtbdnun.jpg
    Was dubious, good fit but not sure it did anything different to a thin Mavic long sleeve I have. Wore today though and VERY breathable, much more so than the Mavic, so a keeper. Might also be good under a hard shell come winter.

what model is that?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Castelli alpha jacket for 140 quid on eBay. Brand new. Finished just as England Wales kicked off. Chuffed

That's interesting. The seller was tri-sports_resort. Just logged into paypal and noticed that the paypal payment was to Wiggle Ltd. So that must be their ebay arm. I had no idea they had one

That's odd - unusually underhand. I have nearly bought a few things - including that Alpha - from them. Yesterday went to bid on exposure saddle rail mount and realised that with the shipping I could buy one for less at...Wiggle!
  • I can't be sure it's them. Maybe a paypal glitch. But location shows as Portsmouth. The Alpha is probably last year's model. Not that they've changed it.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    I can't be sure it's them. Maybe a paypal glitch. But location shows as Portsmouth. The Alpha is probably last year's model. Not that they've changed it.

Nah - I think you are right. TriSportResort follow one and only one ebay member - Wiggle Ltd. Odd though as they sell properly second hand stuff like a used Boardman bike which Wiggle don't carry.

On the Alpha - it is a great deal but I prefer Gabba plus baselayer a/o condom as the circumstances dictate. And whilst I have no sympathy with victim-blaming cyclists - I do think it behoves us not to wear all black on winter nights and I already have my black winter weekend training jacket. On the whole I like the Gabba in brighter colours; which I why I have just dropped you a PM.
  • I can't be sure it's them. Maybe a paypal glitch. But location shows as Portsmouth. The Alpha is probably last year's model. Not that they've changed it.

Nah - I think you are right. TriSportResort follow one and only one ebay member - Wiggle Ltd. Odd though as they sell properly second hand stuff like a used Boardman bike which Wiggle don't carry.

On the Alpha - it is a great deal but I prefer Gabba plus baselayer a/o condom as the circumstances dictate. And whilst I have no sympathy with victim-blaming cyclists - I do think it behoves us not to wear all black on winter nights and I already have my black winter weekend training jacket. On the whole I like the Gabba in brighter colours; which I why I have just dropped you a PM.

Don't worry, I adorn mine with some lovely Clas Ohlson flashy things! Gabba on way soon.

In relation to the original topic, I think Wiggle do Boardman overseas so perhaps that used on is an overseas demo model. I also wonder whether they are dumping Portsmouth stock rather than moving it on to Birmingham?
  • dyrlac
    dyrlac Posts: 751
    Moment of madness ....

ccshl3a1.jpg

Stealth upgrade of fixie begins. Now need to decide on gearing (again) as I need a new chainring to go with this bling. Is 79.1 gear inches (45x15) too tall for the wimbleberg?
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    From Castelli Cafe:
    image.jpg1_zpshvtbdnun.jpg
    Was dubious, good fit but not sure it did anything different to a thin Mavic long sleeve I have. Wore today though and VERY breathable, much more so than the Mavic, so a keeper. Might also be good under a hard shell come winter.

what model is that?

Castelli Prologo 4 Long sleeve. Trying to find some plain black Castelli bibs to match, in size large, and with the Progetto x2 pad. And under 100 quid, and not the Infernos as I've heard they're so thin they're almost transparent! proving to be a long search....
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • itboffin
    Ah right thanks and IMO that pad isn't as good as the kiss3
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Haven't done much cycle shopping lately until the last week:

Garmin 520 for £120 - advantages of my health insurance
    Summatory Cycling Jersey
    Summatory Cycling Bib Shorts
    Summatory Cap
    Summatory Bandana
    Shimano 6701 10spd chain to replace a worn out chain
    Shimano Tiagra Bottom bracket
    BBB Bell to replace my broken one
    Halo Proactive wash laundry liquid
    Time Xpresso Cleats
    For Goodness Shakes Protein Satchets
    High5 Gels
    High 5 energy bars
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    edited October 2015
    Ah right thanks and IMO that pad isn't as good as the kiss3

Right, missed out on Endurance X2 and Aero Race (both with Progretto2 pads) in my size, so just ordered some Velocissimo Due shorts in black - Kiss3 Air pad. Only available in medium though from Castelli Cafe so possibly too small, but £55, so a bargain. We'll see. Also snagged one of these for £11 less cashback from CRC:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/castelli-converter-cap/rp-prod109116
    image_zpsvroa4qfl.jpeg
    Less of a "cap", more of a heavier weight windproof buff or neck gaiter...

EDIT: Castelli neck gaiter was ace over the cold early morning starts this weekend, and the Castelli Velocissimo Due shorts in medium fit fine (I normally take Large, but their seems little in it between the two sizes?) Happy days, as nice bit of kit, close to half price through Castelli Cafe. Updated pad too!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bought the £10 pro team data print cap off ebay. 2 Just arrived. Result.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Bought the £10 pro team data print cap off ebay. 2 Just arrived. Result.
    I like the print and it's very lightweight material, but the cut seems slightly odd at the front. Bit baggy.
    Ordered one of the blue ones for a fiver anyway :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Would any of you have ordered them if they weren't Rapha? ;)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'll confess and say probably not. But I don't actually own any caps and was always after one as cheap as I could get it to see if it would change my life. £10 seemed a good price. £10 for 2 is even better!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Talking of Rapha, I've just ordered the new RCC Race Cape - looks lovely.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin
    Talking of caps I appear to have somehow lost one from the bike racks to platform 11 at Waterloo this evening, very careless.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I can't be sure it's them. Maybe a paypal glitch. But location shows as Portsmouth. The Alpha is probably last year's model. Not that they've changed it.

Don't worry, I adorn mine with some lovely Clas Ohlson flashy things! Gabba on way soon.

In relation to the original topic, I think Wiggle do Boardman overseas so perhaps that used on is an overseas demo model. I also wonder whether they are dumping Portsmouth stock rather than moving it on to Birmingham?
    Nope. Wolverhampton warehouse operation is now open, btw.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • stuaff
    Meanwhile, bought one of these...
    Litespeed-T5-Gravel-Frame-Kit-2015-Cyclocross-Frames-Brushed-LS-15-T-T5G-S-FK-16.jpg?w=2000&h=2000&a=7
    More shopping will obviously follow to go on it.....
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,573
    Pair of these for my gf:
    mavic-xena.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18

It may be. But, 3 orders placed with Wiggle in the past few weeks have seen, on each occasion, 2 separate (DPD) deliveries. Odd. Is one set coming from one place, and one set from another? Or is the warehouse SO big now that.......
  • stuaff
    I also wonder whether they are dumping Portsmouth stock rather than moving it on to Birmingham?
    It may be. But, 3 orders placed with Wiggle in the past few weeks have seen, on each occasion, 2 separate (DPD) deliveries. Odd. Is one set coming from one place, and one set from another? Or is the warehouse SO big now that.......
    According to a local (Wolverhampton) paper report I found online, they'll have had all the stock transferred by the middle of the month- the new place is over three times the size of their Portsmouth ones, and they have expansion planned already. My new frame got shipped from Pompey.
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Pair of these for my gf:
    mavic-xena.jpg

My better half turned her nose up at some Mavics as she said the logo looks like the Morrissons one :roll:

Anyway bits bought to convert the Planet X to single chain-ring;

E-Ghey;

s/h XT 9-spd rear mech
    Stronglight 48t chainring and bolts

CRC(using British Cycling code);

Shimano 11-34 cassette
    KMC 10-spd chain
    And some spd-sl cleats and some Lezyne femto lights for the other halfs' new Liv avail.

Oh and will also be getting some mudguards and some small bidons as some of my old ones are a bit manky now.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • - Gatorskin Conti's from Wiggle
    - Chain & cassette for my 105's
    I ride with God on my mind and power in my thighs....WOE betide you!
    I know I'm not the fastest rider on earth BUT I KNOW I AM NOT the slowest!!!
    If you Jump Red Lights in order to stay ahead you are a DISGRACE!!
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Bit of a spending binge lately.

Sony Smartwatch 2 £60 from ebuyer, old but does all I need, means I can tell if the mrs is trying to contact me when out and about.

Kaffenback disc fork from planetx - going to see if it is preferable to the stock fork on my verenti isolation, for £20 i'm happy for it to live unused in the garage unused if not, until a suitable project comes along.

Couple of rolls of bartape, spare rim tape, spare innertubes from wiggle along with a pair of own brand commuter tyres to go on the Isolation:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-essential-commuter-road-tyre/
    They're folding so shouldn't be that heavy, despite what the spec sheet says. They can't be heavier than what is already on the bike, and will certainly roll a lot better anyway.

Oh, and an extra pair of Garmin quarter turn mounts as I'm tired of juggling them between bikes.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,573
    Pair of these that may be too big - but worth a gamble at less than half price:
    1413978780-10056600.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Pair of these that may be too big - but worth a gamble at less than half price:
    1413978780-10056600.jpg

Where from?! Been looking for those to drop down to about £160ish...
  • Pair of these that may be too big - but worth a gamble at less than half price:
    1413978780-10056600.jpg

But you *must* then have some bright yellow component on the bike... don't mess with the rules ladies and gents!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Sram 42t chaninring for the ss. Bargain at 13 quid.
    Entry to Rapha Supercross in London.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Pair of these that may be too big - but worth a gamble at less than half price:
    1413978780-10056600.jpg

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/ by the look of the image source
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
    1413978780-10056600.jpg

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/ by the look of the image source

Thanks very much, only got an 8 or 11 left and I need a 9. The hunt continues.