my boy in our local woods. Aberdeenshire.

rawtor51
rawtor51 Posts: 18
edited October 2015 in Your pics and vids
Thought i would share this wee video of my boy riding round our local. I think he's doing not bad for being 7 and only his 2nd time in the woods.

https://youtu.be/fk9A8y0Vbm4

Comments

• Up there for a course next week.

Got any maps showing where the trails are ? might bring the bike with me.

Looks quite a decent place.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Up there for a course next week.

Got any maps showing where the trails are ? might bring the bike with me.

Looks quite a decent place.

Good stuff mate. Head to Kirkhill, it's situated between Dyce and Blackburn.
    there's a real mix of stuff up there from easy to more techy stuff, afraid I don't have any maps as mostly local knowledge really.
    I would suggest getting on Strava and exploring the segments on there. Also Viewranger can be good for importing maps
  • Cheers bud

I know Kirkhill, but it seems a massive place. I know there is a way in opposite Marshalls on the Inverurie road so might head in that way.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Aye it's a fair size. Your best bet would be to head in via the main car park. That will take you towards the fun park,
    after that it's up the main fire trail, climb up the fire trail up the steep hill and carry on along the straight up and around to the left. Just after the left hander there's a trail about 200 yards up on the right that's the start of the fun stuff. Thought the trees and turn left. Just keep yer eyes peeled for trails off the main fire roads