Autumn Spider Watch 2015

seanoconn
seanoconn Posts: 11,318
edited October 2015 in The cake stop
Post your whoppers here, biggest one wins the title of spider champ 2015!

Something next to the spiders in the pictures to give a bit of scale would be handy.

This isn't really an entry but best I could find this morning
34536CED-96AF-480F-845C-FC879435E291_zps172r3b1s.jpg
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• That's an empty skin, shed by a spider as part of the growing process.
  • seanoconn
    You're right, I poked it and it didn't move :D
  • CptKernow
    CptKernow Posts: 467
    false-widow-spider1.jpg

This one lives out in our utility room....

Not quite this big, this was taken with a macro lens. It's a Steatoda nobilis or false widow if you prefer.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    false-widow-spider1.jpg

Not quite this big, this was taken with a macro lens. It's a Steatoda nobilis or false widow if you prefer.

My garden is full of these bu66ers. I've seen a huge one somewhere, will try and get pic.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • seanoconn
    false-widow-spider1.jpg

That's a pretty one. I'm always nice to spiders and save them from the Missus whenever possible. Should they ever take over the planet and become our masters, hopefully they'll remember my kindness.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Saw this one yesterday...well, it's almost a spider...

DSC03817_1.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Saw this one yesterday...well, it's almost a spider...

DSC03817_1.jpg

I think your septic tank's overflowed T47 :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    ^ :D

Came across one one Wednesday when I was dismantling the old shed. He/she scuttled away too quick for a pic. See: I am a poet and I don't know it.

We don't get Wolf Spiders here in this part of Scotland but I do remember some hum dingers in Eastbourne. The toots love insects and anything that wriggles or crawls, unlike the wannabe OH.

Get back into BB Seano, bad boy, naughty. Who let you off your leash?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    I think I may have to get something made up for the hound like in this link below (apologies to the more sensitive members of the forum - contains images of an unfeasibly large spider which is obviously a small dog dressed in a spider costume which may be distressing. So don't click of you are an extremely sensitive disposition and cannot tell reality from practical joke video) :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoB8t0B4jx4
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]