Calibre Fiter?

mcstumpy
mcstumpy Posts: 298
edited October 2015 in Road beginners
Hi

A work colleague is looking to take up cycling for fitness reasons and is asking me to recommend a hybrid bike for 300 quid max.

I had just about settled on one of the Boadman offerings at £319 when I stumbled on the Calibre Filter for £269 at Go Outdoors. This seems very well specced for the price, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this bike before I recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    I like it, almost bought one for commuting last week but alas I have no room for the N+1.
  • MiniMalts
    MiniMalts Posts: 266
    Hi

A work colleague is looking to take up cycling for fitness reasons and is asking me to recommend a hybrid bike for 300 quid max.

I had just about settled on one of the Boadman offerings at £319 when I stumbled on the Calibre Filter for £269 at Go Outdoors. This seems very well specced for the price, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this bike before I recommend?

Thanks

I have a Ridgeback Speed bought from Alpine Bikes for £250 (on sale from £330) and I like it. Good strong bike and fairly lightweight and has the pannier rack, something I thought I'd never use but have been really glad of.