Handle bars

geordiebrian
geordiebrian Posts: 63
edited October 2015 in MTB buying advice
Just got myself a Scott scale but the handle bars are way to long and low any suggestions on what bars to get
d be

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Scale is an XC race bike so the bars are to suite that use!

Probably best to get some cheap riser bars off ebay until you get what you want then get something better.

Too wide doesn't matter as you can usually cut them down without a problem.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • They might feel too low because they are too wide. Narrower bars will give you a more upright position. Just cut them down.
  • The Rookie
    You can trial that by just moving the controls and grips in (go no more than 15mm each side at a time), if you still don't like them at least you can sell them at full (fashionable) width.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I would cut them down if I could get the grips off no lock nut on them synchro pro grips
  • The Rookie
    Presumably push fit grips? Use a thin screwdriver to lever them out, dribble some water behind them, then loosen the controls and use that to slide up the bars and push the grips off, pulling is bad as the stretching narrows the grip making it grip the bar even harder.