Which dropper post to buy?

orlando_doggett
orlando_doggett Posts: 13
edited September 2015 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking to buy a new dropper post for my mtb but I'm not sure which would be best. could someone give me some advice on the best value dropper post but still decent quality, thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    'Invest'? you expect to make a profit?

I went for the Decathlon dropper, cheap (even more so if you got one in the sale at £30), very well made and so far 100% reliable, however it doesn't come with a remote but a 'Micheal Jackson' lever, I didn't want a remote so it doesn't bother me (I swap for a rigid for relevant rides so didnt want the hassle of swapping a remote on and off)- I reckon one could be made fairly easily using a cable though if you are so inclined.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • No, I don't. That was my mistake. Yeah, that one does look like good value for money but i would be worried about how long it would last. How long have you had it for now?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Had mine for 2 months, developed a tiny amount of rotational play (less than the Reverbs I've looked at) on the first ride, since then it's been 100% perfect.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.