Knee and Leg warmers

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Can anyone recommend some decent knee and leg warmers?

In my experience the ones I have tried in the past have never stayed up which I suspect maybe due to the shape of my legs? I have a set of Assos ones at the moment which are too big on the quads and too tight around the calf, these are the older ones that do not have a gripper wound the top part so rely on the shorts to keep them up, I am sure they will suit someone but that person is not me.

I guess I am looking for a Roubaix type material, with grippers for the thigh part and not overly tight/restrictive around the lower leg. Happy with Black or Blue or yellow or a combination of all 3 (club colours are blue and yellow)

What are you using and having success with?
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Nanoflex. Job done.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    ^^ Wot he said...although a lot will come down to fit.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Sportful no rain arm warmers are fantastic, I would guess the same fit as the Nanoflex.
    No issues with slippage and excellent length
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'm on the nanoflex band wagon. My leg and arm warmers would make any must have kit list/top recommended product.

My Rapha ones are fine but they were a stocking filler and I would just get the Castelli ones to replace old kit.

I am sure the sportful no rain are similar/just as good but no experience.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Sorry - another vote for Nanoflex (though I have only used the knee warmers). Years of knee warmers going saggy, not staying up etc. led me to believe they were on the whole, rubbish. But Nanoflex have so far served me well (been using them a year or so now).
  • I have a pair of thermal knee warmers from Madison that were really good last winter and that i am sure will be used again in the next month or so: http://www.madison.co.uk/products/cycling/clothing-eyewear/arm-knee-leg-warmers/?brand=madison

|They don't appear to make the same model this year but the range offers good value for money and, if they perform like my M:Tech pair, they shouldn't fall down.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I couldnt get on with Nanoflex - if they were tight enough at the top to stay up then they were too tight on my forearms and I couldnt bend my elbow - similar problem with the leg warmers. If I got some big enough in those areas then they were baggy around the gripper at the top.

My best set now are actually arm/knee 'coolers' from Perl Izumi - they are much more stretchy so not restrictive and allow me to get tighter ones that stay up. Bonus is that I can use them all year round - they do actually help with cooling in the summer and mean I dont need to put oily lotion on my arms to avoid burn and they do keep me warmer in the winter. They wouldnt be as warm as Roubaix style ones but then if it is cold enough for them I would be wearing a long sleeve top anyway.

I have some Roubaix leg warmers from Funkier that fit and allow my knees to bend comfortably though - before the 'coolers', these were my best fit.