rafal 740 vs rockrider 560s

morgegurray
morgegurray Posts: 48
edited September 2015 in MTB buying advice
so due to a budget change i am looking at either getting a btwin rockrider 560s full sus or a btwin rafal 740 xc bike.

Is it worth buying full suss for the fact i will be riding trails or will the rafal cope well enough on red trails?

the componants and fork seem a lot better on the rafal but will it be able to cope well enough to perform on alpine trails?

any help muchly appreaciated.

Thanks guys

George

Comments

• Why not get a full suspension bike for a similar price....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131608580272?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Immaculate condition :D
  • That bike is not worth £500. I would go for the Rafal 740, it's very good for the money.
    If you want full suspension then the Rockrider 560 is ok and better than that used BeOne but I wouldn't.
  • That bike is not worth £500.

Serious question, what would you say it was worth? I'm desperate to sell this on to fund a road bike so any advice would be great.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Put it on Ebay with no reserve, with postage, and it will sell for what it is worth. You had an offer at £600 posted. Take off the cost of postage and Ebay/Paypal fees and you would have cleared your £500 asking price easily.

Can't be that desperate.

And hijacking some one else's thread to hustle your bike is a bit rude.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Put it on Ebay with no reserve, with postage, and it will sell for what it is worth. You had an offer at £600 posted. Take off the cost of postage and Ebay/Paypal fees and you would have cleared your £500 asking price easily.

Can't be that desperate.

And hijacking some one else's thread to hustle your bike is a bit rude.

I didn't fancy posting the bike as I've heard a lot of people being ripped off lately, plus the guy had feedback of zero.

Offering someone a bike when they are looking to buy isn't rude, it only takes a 'no thanks' and I would have left it at that. You started the discussion about the price of my bike.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599

Offering someone a bike when they are looking to buy isn't rude, it only takes a 'no thanks' and I would have left it at that. You started the discussion about the price of my bike.

No, I didn't.

RM was advising the OP that he did not think your bike was worth the money. At no time was it a discussion on the value of your bike until you made it one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Apologies, I thought rockmonkeysc posted your reply.

Telling someone that they didn't think it was worth the money is discussing the value. You can't expect someone to not respond to that.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes you can, if you are polite and don't wish to hijack someone else's thread you don't, also 'what is it worth' threads and posts are against the rules you signed up to (But I wouldn't pay more than £350)

A Rafal will cope fine with red trails, not sure what you mean by Alpine as that could be anything from Trecking to a full on downhill on a mountain goat trail....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.