new wheel dilema any advice ?

stronginthesun
stronginthesun Posts: 433
edited September 2015 in Road beginners
bought a planet x pro carbon with vision 30 wheels approx. a year ago . to cut a long story short theres been a problem with the wheels that will be replaced under warranty . now planet x no longer stock the vision 30s but have offered vision 25s or fulcrum racing sport in exchange or planet x carbon clinchers 45 for £300 . the first two after googling are entry level wheels with the visions being slightly higher up the ladder I would say . but I would really like the carbon clinchers and seems the better deal with £200 off list price . its convincing the other half . what would you do ?

Comments

• bought a planet x pro carbon with vision 30 wheels approx. a year ago . to cut a long story short theres been a problem with the wheels that will be replaced under warranty . now planet x no longer stock the vision 30s but have offered vision 25s or fulcrum racing sport in exchange or planet x carbon clinchers 45 for £300 . the first two after googling are entry level wheels with the visions being slightly higher up the ladder I would say . but I would really like the carbon clinchers and seems the better deal with £200 off list price . its convincing the other half . what would you do ?

Someone might correct me but I think recall the planetx wheels being reduced to around £300 last winter. A lot of people will be removing good wheels shortly to protect them during winter. Maybe take the 25's as winter wheels and wait for a sale on the others?
  • bought a planet x pro carbon with vision 30 wheels approx. a year ago . to cut a long story short theres been a problem with the wheels that will be replaced under warranty . now planet x no longer stock the vision 30s but have offered vision 25s or fulcrum racing sport in exchange or planet x carbon clinchers 45 for £300 . the first two after googling are entry level wheels with the visions being slightly higher up the ladder I would say . but I would really like the carbon clinchers and seems the better deal with £200 off list price . its convincing the other half . what would you do ?

Someone might correct me but I think recall the planetx wheels being reduced to around £300 last winter. A lot of people will be removing good wheels shortly to protect them during winter. Maybe take the 25's as winter wheels and wait for a sale on the others?
    took your advice and went for the 25s and they through in some continental 4000s tyres and tubes for the price differential . cant really afford the £300 at the moment , planet x have been great to deal with and the pro carbon is a dream
  • I have a procarbon also as it happens and can't fault it. Sounds like a good deal with the tyres and tubes. Happy cycling
  • I have a procarbon also as it happens and can't fault it. Sounds like a good deal with the tyres and tubes. Happy cycling
    thanks it been a joy to ride all summer cant fault It ( apart from the wheels which was a faulty batch apparently ) not going to splash out £300 on wheels as will upgrade the bike In 2017 when I can dip into my pension lol