New to Road Biking! In need for a bike!

Speedtool
Speedtool Posts: 4
edited September 2015 in Road beginners
Hello there!

I am very new to road biking, I have done insane research on different bikes and frames for my height which is 6"2 And I am struggling to find a bike for a reasonable price, Please put into consideration I am a beginner and have a max on 250 Pounds But flexible both ways. I also have just signed up to this website and I cant wait to see what it can offer!

Thankyou
Matthew.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    consider secondhand, it'll be much better value

road bike for your height i'd look for a frame size around 59cm - depends a bit on your proportions and flexibility, 1 cm either way should be fine
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • I had a similar problem but decided against waiting for the dream secondhand bike. In the end I spent under half my money on a deposit and went with a 0% deal of £30 a month over 12 months. Managed to get a considerable better deal and a new bike. Appreciate this may not be best for you but lost of good 0% deals out there worth considering, some with a minimum spend of around £400.
  • Hello there!

I am very new to road biking, I have done insane research on different bikes and frames for my height which is 6"2 And I am struggling to find a bike for a reasonable price, Please put into consideration I am a beginner and have a max on 250 Pounds But flexible both ways. I also have just signed up to this website and I cant wait to see what it can offer!

Thankyou
    Matthew.
    When I read this first I thought you meant your max weight was 250 pounds, but I think you actually mean max price of £250. If so, you will be struggling to get anything but second hand. My view on second hand is that it's fine as long as you know what you're looking for and what is good value, and buying a bike that is just the right fit for you. You would probably need to upgrade some things right away on a second hand bike, like possibly new tyres and saddle etc., not to mention buying clothes, shoes, gloves etc. It could all end up being a bit expensive as you are on a limited budget.