Rotor 3D+ with FSA PF30 BB

cheschcat
cheschcat Posts: 95
edited September 2015 in Workshop
Has anyone ever fitted a Rotor 3D+ crankset with an FSA PF30 BB?

From what I can tell all the dimensions seem to suggest it would work but looking at pictures the FSA BB has bearings which are slightly recessed from the edges of the cups where as the rotor bearings are flush with the edge of the cup.

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Has anyone ever fitted a Rotor 3D+ crankset with an FSA PF30 BB?

From what I can tell all the dimensions seem to suggest it would work but looking at pictures the FSA BB has bearings which are slightly recessed from the edges of the cups where as the rotor bearings are flush with the edge of the cup.

The rotor 3d+ is made for the special BBright for Cervelo - to fit to a normal width bottom bracket you get a couple of spacers (not bearings)

Here is a picture of a 3d30 on merlins site - this is also for BBRight but fits normal BB30 etc with spacers and you can see the spacers on the tube

20792_rotor_3d30_chainset_36_52_chainrings.jpg

I am really not sure if the spacers will be the right size to be flush with the bearing on your build. The spacers (which seem to vary) on mine are widest (11.5mm) right by the tube so the point of engagement with the BB is the bearing rather than the seal or housing