Dogma... down but not out

lammymike
lammymike Posts: 51
edited September 2015 in Your road bikes
My dogma. Taken down by a driver yesterday but hopefully get her back to her best asap. Love this bike
IMAG0040.jpg

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Difficult to tell from the pic, but presumably that bar position is because of the crash?
  • Yeah. Front end took the brunt and unfortunately wheels are gubbed. Need to take for a spin to check out but banged up pretty bad.
  • Oooph! Sorry to hear of your rat. Looks painful.....to the wallet if nothing else.......cars fault or dare I say.......yours? Hope you're ok....that the main thing.
    I've had several offs in 30 yrs and know exactly what its like to trash 'the best bike'..... :(
  • Cheers Johnny. I was actually paralyzed down one side after being knocked off when I bought this frame. Took two years before I could ride again... So I really do want to keep this bike.
    Can't believe I got caught out as I am very cautious..unfortunately the sports car had massive doors.. take care. Mike
  • Nice bike! And a second set of Lightweights? Hope the insurance coughed up.... Or are they badged up something-else's?
  • Still waiting on the insurance. Hopefully won't get messy. Luckily I had spare wheels and they are the real deal. I cracked a few ribs but couldn't wait to get back out, so been out as much as possible.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    is that tinfoil?
  • It's silver handlebar tape. The bike is black and silver and seeing as it's mine I can use silver tape if I see fit.
  • imposter2.0
    Obviously it's your bike, but the tinfoil is a bit of a conversation stopper, tbh...
  • Are you the other half of the comedy duo. A poor man's chuckle brothers.

I have broken ribs you know... Please don't make me laugh again
  • imposter2.0
    Sorry, but I've never seen 'mirror finish' bar tape before. Maybe if the frame was polished to match..?
  • The frame has mirror details on it. It's as pinarello made it. If you don't like it I couldn't give a flying one.
  • imposter2.0
    If you don't like it I couldn't give a flying one.

Your responses suggest otherwise. Calm down.
  • I am very calm.
    I am of the opinion that if you don't have anything nice to say then keep it to yourself.
    I forgot about sad little keyboard warriors like yourself when I posted.
    If you want to see how good mirror tape looks in the flesh then there is a warm welcome waiting for you in Glasgow.
    Feel free to let me see your bike and let me do a critique.
  • imposter2.0
    I am very calm.
    I am of the opinion that if you don't have anything nice to say then keep it to yourself.
    If you want to see how good mirror tape looks in the flesh then there is a warm welcome waiting for you in Glasgow.

Wow, that escalated quickly. Your use of the phrase 'keyboard warriors' is completely ironic - given that you are clearly a massive one. Good job I didn't mention anything about the fence.. :lol:
  • I am very calm.

Wow

You need to chill out mate.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Fuck off Lawrence Llewellyn.. (imposter)

Go and annoy someone else
  • I don`t suppose you maybe actually spoke to that driver before he took you down did you ?
  • Comic genius..
  • I don`t suppose you maybe actually spoke to that driver before he took you down did you ?

No. It was a young woman. She was very sorry and accidents happen. Have a wonderful day!
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I am very calm.

If you post pictures on a public forum, then you should be prepared that everyone will not share your aesthetic sense and may comment appropriately. If you can't handle negative comments, then you really shouldn't post in the first place.
  • Got it. Thanks for sorting me out

I don't think saying I deserved to be hit by a car is an appropriate comment... What's your opinion.
  • Who said that ? certainly not me, so please don`t twist my comments to suit your bad attitude.
  • lammymike
    lammymike Posts: 51
    edited September 2015
    Please except my sincere apology. I must have misunderstood your comment completely. Ride safe fellow cyclist.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Got it. Thanks for sorting me out

I don't think saying I deserved to be hit by a car is an appropriate comment... What's your opinion.

I'm beginning to think that the reason you got hit, was because you were put off-balance by the giant chip on your shoulder, dude. There is simply no need to be so prickly. Life is too short, which I'm sure you can appreciate given your accident.
  • To think I was just happy my bike wasn't wrecked. Apologies to all concerned. But could people possibly stop with the accident chat.. Thanks
  • Oh and my fence aswell. I don't think it deserved the negative comments. Kind regards Michael
  • imposter2.0
    Maybe if you covered the fence in tinfoil as well..?
  • You are on a roll mate. Fantastic patter... Well done
This discussion has been closed.