Internet Speed

FishFish
FishFish Posts: 2,152
edited September 2015 in The hub
I have moved house and set up my broadband. I was watching a vid inside one of the links within a forum post and it would not load. Tried iPlayer and it was slow. So I concluded that either I'd set up broadband incorrectly or that it had not settled down to normal speed (I don't understand why the ISP says that it takes a couple of weeks to settle down).

Then I went in to the same vid via a VPN entering the net in the UK and separately in Europe. In both cases the vid ran properly. Exiting the VPN in the UK allowed me to watch iPlayer with no delays too. Came out of the VPN and tried again and had the same speed problems. Don't get it. Anyone have any suggestions?
...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Can't help with your speed issues but can rub salt into the wounds with this from Tunstall, a village in the middle of nowhere.

_M-a6NdLbJh3OLcC3Bkx6sKXwnIkpn2luaiYm7cnp9w?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I have moved house and set up my broadband. I was watching a vid inside one of the links within a forum post and it would not load. Tried iPlayer and it was slow. So I concluded that either I'd set up broadband incorrectly or that it had not settled down to normal speed (I don't understand why the ISP says that it takes a couple of weeks to settle down).

Then I went in to the same vid via a VPN entering the net in the UK and separately in Europe. In both cases the vid ran properly. Exiting the VPN in the UK allowed me to watch iPlayer with no delays too. Came out of the VPN and tried again and had the same speed problems. Don't get it. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Call your ISP. Log a fault.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Sound's like software more than anything. Habe you tried doing a BT wholesale speed test?