Wheel wobbly

riki652
riki652 Posts: 39
edited September 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I got my bike a few weeks ago and the wheel is going in an 8 and is untrue. Is this normal for a new bike?
I tried to true the wheel but i just got all od the spokes unevenly tightened, will my LBS be able to fix it.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    How does a wheel 'go in an 8'?

Truing a wheel slightly out of true is easy, of course you will have checked it is actually the wheel and not just the tyre?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Its the wheel not the tyre, i put zip ties on the frame and I saw the wheel going left and right
  • How does a wheel 'go in an 8'?

Truing a wheel slightly out of true is easy, of course you will have checked it is actually the wheel and not just the tyre?
    When the wheel is spinning it lioks like its drawing an 8
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hmm if you say so.....well truing a wheel is easy, so yes the LBS should be able to do it no problem.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.