How much is my bike worth once its all ready...

Yafai_Biker
Yafai_Biker Posts: 10
edited September 2015 in MTB general
Ok, So... i have a b'twin Rockrider Big 8, its the 29er is black blue and white, it has new wider handlebars because the other was like 600mm or something, to short. Also some lock on red grips, lizard skins at the back for the chain, hollow tech bottom bracket blah blah blah, lets cut to the chase, i bought the bike used, only 4 months old, the guy i got it off was a keen rider because of all the attatchments that are on there, he has taken the largest cog off the front, i dont have a clue why but now it only has 20 gears, i just want to know if its an easy job to put back on or not.

Now... i want to know how much my bike is worth... its in almost brand new condition framewise, literally 2 id call "stonechips" thats it. The tyres look brand new but never fear i have a spare pair brand new and untouched! it has the new handlebars and grips, lockable suspension via handlebars il put the link down below to it. it was built in november 2014 so its coming up to its 1 year anniversary... great bike and great reviews. If you know how much its worth please say. Thanks :mrgreen:

LINK TO MY BIKE: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-big-8-mountain-bike-29-id_8280092.html

Comments

• Take it to your local LBS and pay them to put the chainring back on if youd rather 30 than 20 speed.

As for value, this isnt sotherby's. Suggest you pit it on Ebay if you want to sell it. Failing that, just ride and enjoy it.

I'll give you an old readers wives magazine and a sherbert dib-dab for it?
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    A thousand smiles.

Vague yet self-explanitory enough?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I reckon its worth less than the cost of a new one.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    2 packets of Haribo's
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    It's worth whatever somebody will pay for it. It may be worth more than that to you so ride it, enjoy it and don't think about what it's worth.
  • Triple chainsets are getting less common, big chainrings are useless off road.
    It's worth something, but not much. Used bikes sell for peanuts.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    For 2nd hand bikes I'd usually say around 40-60% of their original value, after taking condition and any aftermarket parts into consideration.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8