London to Brighton MTB ride 26-27 Sept

kinioo
kinioo Posts: 776
edited September 2015 in XC and Enduro
Hi All,

We will be doing London to Brighton MTB off road this year and here is some questions:

- what is the train situation on the way back to London from Brighton - I assume it might be a PITA / overcrowded etc ??
- how do you usually organise your way back to London;

Don't know if its better to stay overnight and get back on Sunday instead ??

Many thanks,

Chris

Comments

• kinioo
    Ok, it looks like nobody has done it - no worries, I will do it and will let you know.

C.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Check the Southern railway website, for the road L2B they don't allow bikes on at all. Not that many people do the off road one, so can't imagine it'll be a problem. If it is then just ride along the coast to another station and pick a train up there. Shoreham is on a different line for example.
  • kinioo
    Check the Southern railway website, for the road L2B they don't allow bikes on at all. Not that many people do the off road one, so can't imagine it'll be a problem. If it is then just ride along the coast to another station and pick a train up there. Shoreham is on a different line for example.

Cheers mate,

I rang them, they say bikes are allowed however passengers have got priority...was thinking of cycling to Newhaven and pick up the train from there.

Cheers.

C.