Pub Talk - Greatest Cycling Photo Ever!

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Neatly demonstrating that there's no photo that can't ruined with spot colour.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    i-3W6nSkP.jpg

i-9tNLJJP.jpg

(Wiggins)
    i-kG8Mg6J.jpg

i-ZRswk82.jpg

i-bqCc5NW.jpg

i-qJrcSQt.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    i-ZcJPM4g.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    i-VQ2Mdbx.jpg

i-8zRjQkB.jpg

i-6vG4rZh.jpg

i-5K585F8.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    i-MVstpfh.jpg

i-4wVDCWL.jpg

i-RDbFKnZ.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    No one having quoted the blocked toad on this page I think it is safe to say he/she has not posted any photos worth looking at which isn't surprising.

As it is already passed my bedtime I shall have to call these photos the last post for today, but what a way to end eh, with none other than the sparring kid extraordinaire, Schleck.

i-BnfR9P5.jpg

i-DQTXSjw.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gweeds
    edited August 2015
    No one having quoted the blocked toad on this page I think it is safe to say he/she has not posted any photos worth looking at which isn't surprising.

Grow up.

I'm surprised anyone can see anything else, bearing in mind you've posted 42 photos today alone in what's supposed to be a 'Greatest Cycling Photo Ever'.

Maybe just started a thread called 'All the cycling photos ever taken' and dump 50 or so in there every day.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gweeds
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929

"Aren't you the guy who lost the Tour by 8 seconds?"
    "No monsieur, I am the man who won it twice."
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gweeds

"Aren't you the guy who lost the Tour by 8 seconds?"
    "No monsieur, I am the man who won it twice."

Such a poignant photograph.

Nothing special in terms of composition or lighting, but the subject is all it needs.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Maybe just started a thread called 'All the cycling photos ever taken' and dump 50 or so in there every day.
    I have to agree. Don't think anyone would object to FF creating his own photo dumping thread (and I don't know why he hasn't already!) but posting dozens of ordinary photos in a "Greatest Cycling Photo Ever" thread just makes it easy to miss the really good ones - I'm sure some people won't have noticed that excellent Fignon one TWH posted.

How about it FF? By all means continue posting photos every day, just use a different thread...
  • Maybe just started a thread called 'All the cycling photos ever taken' and dump 50 or so in there every day.
    I have to agree. Don't think anyone would object to FF creating his own photo dumping thread (and I don't know why he hasn't already!) but posting dozens of ordinary photos in a "Greatest Cycling Photo Ever" thread just makes it easy to miss the really good ones - I'm sure some people won't have noticed that excellent Fignon one TWH posted.

How about it FF? By all means continue posting photos every day, just use a different thread...

The vast majority of this entire thread are photos I have posted, from the ones you or others don't consider great to the ones that will completely blow your socks off. Scroll through the pages to see them.

If that little twerp who is now clearly complaining has a problem well he can go and tend to some newts or something as his opinion has zero relevance to me. He has posted a lot but has he posted any 'Great' photos? If so, please quote in case it is one of the very few I don't have saved already.

I take your point about a lot of the photos not being in the 'Great' category and I was very selective at first, but given that this thread was basically dead a while ago and a lot of the links are broken anyway, I think it is fine to simply post some very good photos for people to enjoy, which they do - it is typically the negative people that post otherwise.

To be honest, I would just enjoy them while they last; less then 400 posts and I'm gone.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gweeds

The vast majority of this entire thread are photos I have posted, from the ones you or others don't consider great to the ones that will completely blow your socks off. Scroll through the pages to see them.

If that little twerp who is now clearly complaining has a problem well he can go and tend to some newts or something as his opinion has zero relevance to me. He has posted a lot but has he posted any 'Great' photos? If so, please quote in case it is one of the very few I don't have saved already.

I take your point about a lot of the photos not being in the 'Great' category and I was very selective at first, but given that this thread was basically dead a while ago and a lot of the links are broken anyway, I think it is fine to simply post some very good photos for people to enjoy, which they do - it is typically the negative people that post otherwise.

To be honest, I would just enjoy them while they last; less then 400 posts and I'm gone.

Dear me.

I won't dignify yet another personal attack with a response. Suffice to say your reply was entirely predictable and as juvenile as ever.
  • i-x4VCrcM-XL.jpg

i-B4t3NtK.jpg

i-2WrTQg9.jpg

i-DWpZzWr.jpg

i-jvgkBDz.jpg

i-v4g846R.jpg

For some people only old photos can be considered Great...
    i-bSDwN36.jpg

i-Rbnrnb5.jpg

i-HdMXBVF.jpg

i-Xmf2Cqc.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058

+1, was thinking the same myself, all the truly great photos have got lost amongst the ......
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • The powers that be have decided to issue me with a warning for posting too many photos on a thread about photos.

Presumably one or more of you 500 post members decided to report me. I hope the respite will assuage your anguish.

As for the other 250 thread views since last evening, I'll be back with some clangers when those parties involved calm down.

Here are six for the wait:

i-rBMfHv8.jpg

i-nc4nJGB.jpg

i-b4g4BPR.jpg

i-xgjw8cj.jpg

i-74TJq8B.jpg

i-dVbcWHp.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gweeds
    The powers that be have decided to issue me with a warning for posting too many photos on a thread about photos.

Presumably one or more of you 500 post members decided to report me. I hope the respite will assuage your anguish.

As for the other 250 thread views since last evening, I'll be back with some clangers when those parties involved calm down.

That was me. More than happy to say so. Not because of the photos per se, although as you can see it's not just me who feels the same. More because you seem to think it's ok to call people dickheads/twerps et al when they're simply requesting that you actually post based on the thread title rather than using it as a dump for the turgid mediocrity lurking on your hard drive. It's your problem if you're unable to use an edited approach to what you consider 'great'. You've proved that by posting another 6 'gems' moments after receiving a warning for, um, posting too many photos. Try posting just one really good one. Surprise yourself.

Post counts don't interest me nearly as much as they do you, nor does 29000+ of them count for much when they lack any sort of quality filter. I realise that you seem to enjoy 'protected rider' status because you know a mod in real-life. That won't stop me requesting you're moderated when you're simply trolling a thread.

I predict no change in your posts, in which case I'll just keep reporting them. So you know it's me and other posters can rest easy knowing they're not under suspicion. I've a gut feeling most people won't say anything because it's you.

So, dragging the thread back O/T.......

article-2654800-1EA5732100000578-126_964x590.jpg
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    I predict no change in your posts, in which case I'll just keep reporting them.

Seriously?! Have you really got nothing better to do?
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    Another post from the blocked guy, so another request to quote it if there is a Great photo in it - such requests have been met with silence so far*

'Great' is so subjective isn't it. I mean when I was walking round the Guggenheim last week and perusing the Basquait exhibition I couldn't believe how such rubbish was allowed to cover the entire third floor, but I am sure some people enjoyed it.

*edit. I see that dish_dash has quoted the post, but it doesn't contain a photo. So no Great photo in the blocked posts once again. Quelle dommage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    The powers that be have decided to issue me with a warning for posting too many photos on a thread about photos.

That was me. More than happy to say so. Not because of the photos per se, although as you can see it's not just me who feels the same. More because you seem to think it's ok to call people dickheads/twerps et al when they're simply requesting that you actually post based on the thread title rather than using it as a dump for the turgid mediocrity lurking on your hard drive. It's your problem if you're unable to use an edited approach to what you consider 'great'. You've proved that by posting another 6 'gems' moments after receiving a warning for, um, posting too many photos. Try posting just one really good one. Surprise yourself.

Post counts don't interest me nearly as much as they do you, nor does 29000+ of them count for much when they lack any sort of quality filter. I realise that you seem to enjoy 'protected rider' status because you know a mod in real-life. That won't stop me requesting you're moderated when you're simply trolling a thread.

I predict no change in your posts, in which case I'll just keep reporting them. So you know it's me and other posters can rest easy knowing they're not under suspicion. I've a gut feeling most people won't say anything because it's you.

So, dragging the thread back O/T.......

article-2654800-1EA5732100000578-126_964x590.jpg

To be fair that one is pretty interesting....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Oh DD, another blocked poster...complaining also or posting a Great photo?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Oh DD, another blocked poster...complaining also or posting a Great photo?
    He was quoting Gweeds so that you could see the photo he posted (which was an interesting one which I'd like know more about). He probably didn't realise he was also blocked. Maybe we're all blocked.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gweeds
    The irony of FF's glee that he can't see any photos I post because they're not quoted, and therefore worthless, and then not being able to see one that is quoted becaus DD is also blocked, isn't lost on me.

Rich. I've not been able to find more out about it yet but will dig some more. It looks staged to me.
  • Oh DD, another blocked poster...complaining also or posting a Great photo?
    He was quoting Gweeds so that you could see the photo he posted (which was an interesting one which I'd like know more about). He probably didn't realise he was also blocked. Maybe we're all blocked.

I just unblocked to take a look. It's interesting but it is not great and it has nothing to do with pro sport.

Regardless, if you want to know more here you go:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2654800/Historic-photos-3-000km-bike-ride-Adelaide-Darwin.html
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    The irony of FF's glee that he can't see any photos I post because they're not quoted, and therefore worthless, and then not being able to see one that is quoted becaus DD is also blocked, isn't lost on me.

Rich. I've not been able to find more out about it yet but will dig some more. It looks staged to me.

there is a certain descent into madness quality about FF this year...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • AndyEd
    AndyEd Posts: 171
    Everybody needs to take a chill pill on this one. This thread, ostensibly such a great subject, has descended into unpleasantness. It's meant to be about photos. From now on let's have a rule for a little while where you may only post one photo per day, per person. This will allow adequate discussion around the merits of each one. Anyone goes against this, please report and a weeks ban will be enacted to force them to do so.

I'm not doing this to throw my admin weight around or anything like that. I just want things to calm down and get a little less personal so we can all enjoy the photos on here.

Thanks all
    BikeRadar Community
  • gweeds
    Thanks Andy, much appreciated

Wandering through some of Jared Gruber's impressive work earlier and this hits the spot for me:

hail-ash.jpg

As a pro photographer myself, his composition, positioning, timing and use of light are first class.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Thanks Andy, much appreciated

Wandering through some of Jared Gruber's impressive work earlier and this hits the spot for me:

hail-ash.jpg

As a pro photographer myself, his composition, positioning, timing and use of light are first class.

That is a pretty cool photo. Thought it was snow to begin with. Gruber's work on the Strava stories is excellent as well.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    edited September 2015
    quad_aw_pantani_final1.jpg
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby