Orro bikes

Pedro872
Pedro872 Posts: 67
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm seriously thinking of an Orro Gold as my next bike, basically I've narrowed it down to this or a Cannondale Synapse Ultegra 2015.

Although there is plenty to be read online regarding the synapse, user reviews regarding the Orro are hard to come by so anyone have or had one, if so would you recommend? Good/bad points?

Thanks,

Pete.

Comments

• ilovegrace
    ilovegrace Posts: 677
    Hi Pete
    I do not have one of these , but while on holiday in the lakes , we popped into Kendal and I had a look in Bobby , Berts , Brians ! Cyle shop ? sorry cannot remember the correct name .
    They are stockist of Orro bikes so i had a chance to look at one in the flesh.
    Very good looking bike , nice pick up and full ultegra groupset for around £2000 .
    If i was on the lookout for a new bike this would be on my list.
    regards
    ILG
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Almost all bikes these days are of very good quality and although prices can vary a bit for overall features you probably can't go wrong with Orro or most others. IMO the best way to make a choice is to actually ride the bikes you're interested in. What is nirvana for one rider may be a lifeless dud for another.
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    I have the Oxygen and it's great.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • Hi guys and thank for the replies. I really like the look of the Orro gold and you seem to get a lot of bike for the money now leaning towards to the Orro over the Cannondale but my local stockist is reluctant to let me have a go on one before parting with my £ whereas with the Cannondale I can book a ride on a demo bike at Evans.
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Where you based?
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • I'm in North Lincs.

I'm Still considering the Orro but have now looked at the Specialized Roubaix sl and the Focus ergoride.
  • Might be worth contacting this lot http://www.caferide.cc/ met some of them a while ago and one had an Orro. They ride out of Lincoln on a Sunday I think.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I'm seriously thinking of an Orro Gold as my next bike, basically I've narrowed it down to this or a Cannondale Synapse Ultegra 2015.

Although there is plenty to be read online regarding the synapse, user reviews regarding the Orro are hard to come by so anyone have or had one, if so would you recommend? Good/bad points?

Thanks,

Pete.

Orro is an iRide house brand - nothing particularly remarkable or unremarkable about them. If you like the look and the spec and the price, then go for it.