New Rims - Fulcrum Racing One

quarkrad
quarkrad Posts: 51
edited September 2015 in Workshop
I bought a pair of these wheels something like 2011 and they have served me well. I think I need to have the rims replaced and was wondering if there are different types of rims - have they changed over the years? If I were to buy some new rims, to get the best price, (i.e fulcrum racing one rims) and take them to a wheel builder to fit could I find I have bought the wrong ones?

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,237
    Don't bother... much cheaper to buy new wheels in this wasteful world
    left the forum March 2023
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    If you can ,ensure the end of the rim a cheaper replacement might be possible with another rim of the same end. Reusing the spoke would be the way but straight pull cx rays are available at a price. A lot of effort though. If the hubs are good it is sort of viable.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    If you can ,ensure the end of the rim a cheaper replacement might be possible with another rim of the same end. Reusing the spoke would be the way but straight pull cx rays are available at a price. A lot of effort though. If the hubs are good it is sort of viable.

Google translation of the above:

If you can measure the ERD of the rim. A cheaper replacement might be possible with another rim of the same ERD.

ERD = effective rim diameter. Google for best way to measure it