Which XTC is this?

revluc
revluc Posts: 4
edited August 2015 in MTB buying advice
Good evening yall,
I was recently restationed to Germany and will be purchasing a MTB here ASAP and am new to the scene. I've done as much research as I can but haven't been able to locate this exact model. There is a soldier on my instillation that is selling it for $1000 and I believe I can talk down to 900 or so. But I cant find it online and he says that its a XTC Aluxx SL which he purchased while stationed in korea and I would very much like to ensure its not a knock off. I road it around the parking lot once and it is nice and super light, functions well, the whole sha bang. I would like some opinions from the veterans before I pull the trigger ya know? Thanks Gentlemen, it means allot!

Other considering factors: I am 5'7 and the frame is a large. If I dont purchase this I'll probably get a Grand Canyon 5.9.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Seems a bit expensive to me.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That frame is much to big for you, unless you don't really want to use it for mountain biking, in which case you can pay a lot less for a suitable bike anyway.

Is that 1000$ US, or €1000 (being Germany) as that changes the real price somewhat!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • revluc
    He is asking 1k US. And I would be using it for more of a XC ride than bombing down mountain faces.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    That's far too big. Im 6'1" and had a large XTC. The sizing of them is a little bit long in the top tube as well.
  • revluc
    Thank you for the advice gents, and I wish yall happy trails!