La Vuelta '15 #4 Estepona / Vejer de la Frontera **SPOILERS*

13»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,169
    Tejay VG was in the front group. I thought my each way bet on him had gone the same way as so many others.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Tejay VG was in the front group. I thought my each way bet on him had gone the same way as so many others.

Must have been a transponder thing after his crash and having his bike stolen by a random fan at side of the road
    GC now reads
    13. USA VAN GARDEREN Tejay 38 BMC RACING TEAM 13h 12' 26'' + 00' 55''
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099

Ah, so if he gets gubbed then i can blame you for jinxing him and exonerate myself from any blame. Good to hear it.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Thanks for the updates - was mountain biking and eating ice cream in the sun.

Knew Sagan was a safe pick for PTP points!
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Valverde.google maped the finish.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    When Ben King crashed a member of the public stole his Garmin and another tried to ride off on his bike...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • That is some excellent chicanery from the public there.

"Went to a bike race, stole myself a bike"

Love it
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,567
    Poor Ben King. 20% unemployment and all that in Spain...
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    What is people's take on the Moviestar/ SKY battle? I assume Valverde is looking to do Froome and grab seconds here and there in the first week with the odd stage win a nice bonus. Then the mountains will decide whether it's him or Quintana who are going for the overall.
    Roche has been let off the leash by SKY, which in itself is pretty newsworthy, but he's just stage hunting and will be back in the service of Froome next week ( he couldn't possibly have an eye on an overall place could he?).
    Either way they've livened up what we quite ordinary stages in other respects.
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    I think Valverde is just doing what the hell he likes as usual. Luckily for them, due to the nature of the stages this early in the race it won't cause a problem, be interesting to see how that pans out once the road goes up though. As far as Sky goes I think they are letting Roche get on with it this week just in case it turns out Froome is to fatigued in the 3rd week (we all know how hard back to backs are eh FF?) it will mean there is an ok plan B as opposed to turning to a rider a couple of minutes behind when it's too late. I think the final week of this race is going to be fascinating, either everyone is going to have the legs and it's going to be a big old battle or there will be a mix of form and could end up very unpredictable each day.
  • deleted: wrong thread :oops:
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Donkeys!

ARU-Fabio004p-553x830.jpg

SANCHEZ-Samuel001p-630x420.jpg

LANDA-Mikel001pp-630x420.jpg

LOSADA-Alberto002p.jpg
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,101
    The Orica backstage pass for this stage is well worth checking out if only for the genuinely funny "Where's Froome?" bit in the car.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    The Orica backstage pass for this stage is well worth checking out if only for the genuinely funny "Where's Froome?" bit in the car.
    Definitely, couldn't stop laughing :lol:
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,567
    Just watched that over lunch. Very funny...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Nibali has stopped his twitter account due to the abuse. Losers.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Thought you didn't follow Twitter?