The Wettest Wednesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

It's been throwing it down here in da Hudd, so it's going to be a wet ride in this morning. Hopefully it brightens up later. I don't really have anywhere to dry my clothes at work anymore, so that sucks.

Well Bury got beat 4-2 last night, but it should have been 2-1 and Bury didn't do badly at all. Their 3rd goal was off side, and the 4th one was the result of sh1t fans putting the keeper off (it was all kicking off behind him). Never mind, it was a great game.

Popping into IKEA on the way home. Wish me luck!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    A run this morning will be followed by a nice swim and then out for a decent lunch
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning twunts,

Took a day off to take the car for a service and pedalled back! Does this make me a communter? The rain left me alone so thankful for small mercies!
    More box packing today then shall go and pick up said car later, the weather will decide if i go by bike or PT!

Toodles pips.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Good moaning,
    Put the velocipede back together last night and drove in this morning as I am having a bed delivered to work. The Mrs believes the boy is a bit too big for the bed he has at the moment, we had to cut the end off as he's too long. He's off to the Reading Festival today so will get very wet camping for 5 days. Wife is very worried about him. I'm more worried about other people as the boy is far too trusting.
    Bg there are some sort of roadie rules that say if you ride in the rain you are a bit special, probably of the needs variety.
    Oh well, onwards and upwards...
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,

Bit light drizzle on the ride in this morning. Not too bad really but a reminder that winter is coming and it's going to get cold. Might be a good idea to get some mud guards for the new commuter bike when I get it. Might have been a better idea to keep the car as a backup for the bad weather days.

Today my aim is to do less than I did yesterday.

Laters.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    Talking about roadies and their rules has anyone done the cycling snob quiz on the home page? I'd be surprised in anyone that frequents the CC comes out as a snob. I got antisnob which I expect most of us are.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Vernon. Your post about your boy is full of contradiction as far as I can see.

The snob quiz is too roadie. But I do come out as anti.
  • veronese68

It is rather isn't it, made sense in my head. I guess I mean she's worried about what he'll get up to, I see it from a different perspective but still worry of course.
  • Chunkers1980
    Also the bed. How can he be too long for it and then you cut the end off?
  • veronese68
    Also the bed. How can he be too long for it and then you cut the end off?
    Bed has a frame with rails above the mattress, old bunk bed. He's 6'4" so if lying straight he hits both ends so we had to cut the rail off one end so if he stretches his feet can stick out the end. Problem being the bed now flexes a lot which isn't ideal. New bed is just a base with nothing above the height of the mattress.
  • Chunkers1980
    Aha
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,159

Vernon, that's a good nickname for him :)

Wet and miserable here. Working from home today and hound sitting which don't go too well together. But it's peaceful at the moment at least.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    Morning all,

A while since i've posted in here but i'm currently bored out of my tree at work, waiting 12 weeks for security clearances to come back to say I can actually start proper work, so sat on a pc for 7 hours a day trawling the web for stuff
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Good moaning,
    Put the velocipede back together last night and drove in this morning as I am having a bed delivered to work. The Mrs believes the boy is a bit too big for the bed he has at the moment, we had to cut the end off as he's too long. He's off to the Reading Festival today so will get very wet camping for 5 days. Wife is very worried about him. I'm more worried about other people as the boy is far too trusting.
    Bg there are some sort of roadie rules that say if you ride in the rain you are a bit special, probably of the needs variety.
    Oh well, onwards and upwards...

I am aware of the rules that the weirdo roadies use but as i am all man and hard as fark they don't apply to me. But after having a wee while away from the saddle that sudocrem stuff really hits the spot!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er