Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra

ayjaycee
ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
edited June 2016 in Your road bikes
I decided to treat myself to another bike when the 2015 models started getting reduced and bought a Synapse Carbon. The groupset is Ultegra 6800 with the exception of the crank set which, being BB30a, is the FSA SLK Light (with carbon arms which probably don't make any difference in the real world!). It came with Mavic Aksiums but I swapped them for the Fulcrum Racing 5 LGs on my Allez. All in all, I am well chuffed with the new bike although I'm not yet 100% convinced about the saddle as I seem to slip forward on it and keep needing to reposition myself. That could just be down to it's position which I need to experiment with. If that doesn't work, I might be seeking advice on what to buy (and, yes, I know saddles are a very personal thing). I have only managed to get out 3 times for a decent ride and, even then, my longest was only 35 miles but, despite the saddle issue, I was very comfortable. Anyway, here's the picture:
20822083351_dedb01e0cf_b.jpg
Kinesis Racelight 4S
Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)

Comments

• ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    good choice, was looking at one myself but managed to control myself…so far!!
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    If you are slipping forward on your saddle it is not likely the fault of your saddle. It could be your position.

You could try a couple of things, either move your saddle forward or get a shorter handlebar stem, or if it comes to it try doing both.

It could take a bit of trial and error to get your position right on a new bike.

Nice bike by the way!
  • Miklosh
    Miklosh Posts: 54
    Great frame, loving the colour.
    2012 Bottecchia Super 8Avio 105
    2007 Focus Variado 105
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    That is one lovely bike. Enjoy.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    dwanes wrote:
    You could try a couple of things, either move your saddle forward or get a shorter handlebar stem, or if it comes to it try doing both.

Nice bike. Personally I would start with the bike setup in a "neutral" position, which for me would be to push the saddle *back* a bit and flip the stem so its no pointing up.

Pushing the saddle back will push your bum backwards and hence move your CofG back, making you better balanced. Try standing on the pedals and then lower yourself slowly onto the saddle. Your bum should be pretty much over the saddle. Having the saddle forwards means more weight on your hands which in turn tends to move your whole body forwards. Its counter intuitive I know.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Drlodge, Thanks for that - I tried adjustments in a few small increments but nothing helped (the stem was already flipped). Eventually, I went into my usual LBS for a chat and came home with a Fizik Antares to try for a month. I didn't need that long as I did a couple of 30 milers on it, was soon sold and took the loaner back to exchange for a new one (with the so called 'Kium' rails and a pressure relief channel). I haven't looked back since and I still think that the basic issue with the original (a Prologo Kappa) is that it was just too slippery.
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • REDUTOPIA
    REDUTOPIA Posts: 71
    I think you can give an advice here: viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13065334