The 'ouch i'm sore' Wednesday thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,422
edited August 2015 in The bottom bracket
Busy day yesterday and the momentum of such prompted a late evening bike ride.
I knocked a whopping 5 mins and 4 seconds off a PB on a course which I elected to go clockwise because of the wind. Normally the same course is done anti-clockwise due to the prevailing wind direction and I have never got close to the PB going clockwise. Once showered and fed, I had a look at the computer and thought "Hang on, that's quick" before trawling through the Cycling Diary to find it was. I have now set myself an impossible target.
I had not intended to push the boat out but found myself flying for some inexplicable though not drug induced reason but I am feeling it today.

It's raining but on the upside, the Toots are both at nursery tomorrow for the first time. Might even get the house clean!

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,355
    Afternoon all,
    Not much going on here thankfully. August tends to be quiet as half of Europe shuts down. I've been moving desks which is dull, I really should get rid of some of this junk. Went out for lunch with the Mrs which meant a nice pedal to Twickenham, the problem is I can't feel my feet now. I got to my bike and realised I hadn't changed my shoes and couldn't be bothered to come back in. Knackered work shoes and SPDs are a bad combination. Pub later which is definitely a good thing.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,042
    The countdown to packing madness continues and we're going out for dinner which is nice.

Tonights dad job is taking the boy shopping for school shoes, oh the joy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Nice ride in this morning, looking like the polar opposite for the journey home, very much regretting not fitting the mud guards this morning!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,355
    Nice ride in this morning, looking like the polar opposite for the journey home, very much regretting not fitting the mud guards this morning!
    I should get home just before the rain. If not I too will be suffering moist regrets.

Edit: Bollox! :evil:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    A sunny 70 miles, 1 top 10 and 1 11th place somehow. Horrible headwind on the last 15km, made me want to cry.

Now for champagne
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,681
    Not a lot to report here other than perpetual tiredness and going cold turkey on exercise. Work was just plain tedious but we are over the hump mow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,422
    A sunny 70 miles, 1 top 10 and 1 11th place somehow. Horrible headwind on the last 15km, made me want to cry.

Now for champagne

Are you Strava bagging in France, whilst on holiday?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Saw the title and assumed the rohypnol had worn off and Pina was feeling the effects.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,882
    :):)