Please read. An apology

Ashbeck
Ashbeck Posts: 235
edited August 2015 in Pro race
Having used this forum for a while and up to May of this year i have just come back from a 3 month business trip in Alaska (I'm a research scientist) to find my account has been used in that time by someone i actually employed on a freelance basis as cover.

Stupidly i had left passwords and 'remember me' ticked on various sites and have come back to find that this site, along with various other sites I use and also work colleagues emails and private sites, have also been used and abused. Apparently the guy who did this had a beef with myself and my business colleagues from a while ago, unknown to us, and got his personal revenge in various ways. He's now been dealt with.

I have read the things he has posted since I've been gone, and i can only apologise knowing how futile that might be. My last post on here was actually about the Giro d'Italia, all the way back at the end of April. Judging from what the guy has posted, he has had a go at various people like FrenchFighter, called someone else a c**t and sent private messages abusing people.

Please accept my sincere apologies for, what seems like, my behaviour, on this website. I can only assure you that anything posted since the end of April has not come from me personally. I fully understand if some of you might be sceptical about this message given the nature of what i have come back to, but I can only reiterate what I have mentioned above. It wasn't me and i would never talk to people the way this guy has.

Yours
Ashbeck

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Sorry to hear that, sounds quite vindictive from that guy and I hope you have dealt with him well. For my part, I was on the receiving end a decent amount...which I found odd as agreed with a lot of what you wrote until there seemed to be a complete u-turn in your posts, which now makes sense.

I hope you had a good time in Alaska, it was probably more interesting than the Tour.

polar-bear-playing-flower-field-dennis-fast-1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    hmmm, was it just to try and get out of this?
    That team won't win the Tour. Not strong enough.

I'll predict even now that Froome will be left with just one rider in the mountains as virtually half those riders will be toast long before then, especially Rowe. He got dropped in the Nationals by Cavendish, that tells you everything.

Contador must be dancing on his pedals seeing that team sheet.

Froome won't be strong enough on his own against Saxo.

:P
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Ashbeck
    Sorry to hear that, sounds quite vindictive from that guy and I hope you have dealt with him well. For my part, I was on the receiving end a decent amount...which I found odd as agreed with a lot of what you wrote until there seemed to be a complete u-turn in your posts, which now makes sense.

I hope you had a good time in Alaska, it was probably more interesting than the Tour.

polar-bear-playing-flower-field-dennis-fast-1.jpg

Hello French.
    Yes I'm afraid thats all I've got in my defence, that I hope people can see the posts up till end of April are quite a bit different from the posts made end of April. From what i can see the posts this guy made to you started with the whole business of Alberto Contador? something like that. I'm still trawling through all the other sites he's screwed us on. Again, apologies.

As for the Tour i didn't see a lot of it in Alaska, I was stuck in a tent most of the time. Wifi is non-existent where we were stationed, I got the odd snippet from the locals helping us out. I recorded the highlights and have managed to go through them. Didn't think it was too bad but the 4-way battle didn't really materialise as I thought it might.
  • Ashbeck
    hmmm, was it just to try and get out of this?
    That team won't win the Tour. Not strong enough.

I'll predict even now that Froome will be left with just one rider in the mountains as virtually half those riders will be toast long before then, especially Rowe. He got dropped in the Nationals by Cavendish, that tells you everything.

Contador must be dancing on his pedals seeing that team sheet.

Froome won't be strong enough on his own against Saxo.

:P

:D ...i'll blame the other guy for that!

Don't know if you were a victim while I was away DD? if you were then apologies.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I can't be the only forumite who was tempted to do a quick "user's posts" search... but as for having a go at FF, that's pretty normal BR behaviour :-)
    He's now been dealt with
    I can only begin to imagine the methods of revenge the Science Mafia has at its disposal...

Seriously, I hope you've got past the deep unpleasantness this kind of thing causes.
  • Ashbeck
    I can't be the only forumite who was tempted to do a quick "user's posts" search... but as for having a go at FF, that's pretty normal BR behaviour :-)
    He's now been dealt with
    I can only begin to imagine the methods of revenge the Science Mafia has at its disposal...

Seriously, I hope you've got past the deep unpleasantness this kind of thing causes.

Thanks Bompington.

I'm still finding a few things out. It's been worse for my business colleague, he left his private email on Auto Sign In and the guy thought it hilarious to email his wife with fake emails to another women, pretending he was having an affair.
    Oh he's been dealt with, I wasn't even at the front of the que to sort him out.
  • I can't be the only forumite who was tempted to do a quick "user's posts" search... but as for having a go at FF, that's pretty normal BR behaviour :-)
    He's now been dealt with

Thanks Bompington.

I'm still finding a few things out. It's been worse for my business colleague, he left his private email on Auto Sign In and the guy thought it hilarious to email his wife with fake emails to another women, pretending he was having an affair.
    Oh he's been dealt with, I wasn't even at the front of the que to sort him out.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Proper mentalist, eh
  • ddraver
    Don't know if you were a victim while I was away DD? if you were then apologies.

I confess I had to do a search but we had a minor disagreement about Mr. Cavendish.
    - @ddraver
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    I am seriously interested to find out what a brainiac scientist could do as revenge. I reckon a lot but I guess Ashbeck will not incriminate himself with admissions on a forum. Anyone have a slight couple of seconds of sympathy for the guy when Ashbeck said he had been dealt with followed by an inwards laugh at the things that could be involved?
  • ddraver
    Well I just assumed he'd been "dealt with" in Alaska...

Judging from his photo FF feels the same way. No wonder than bear looks so happy. Om nom
    - @ddraver
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    I am seriously interested to find out what a brainiac scientist could do as revenge.

1. Invent a time machine
    2. Go back in time
    3. Log out of his websites
    4. Password protect his computer

:lol:

Seriously though, who does what he did in the work environment? He must have surely known there would be repercussions? I imagine the science community would be pretty close knit, making his future job prospects a bit thin?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    And I suppose this same person absolutely, definitely set up that Ashley Madison account the wife has just discovered.

(I'm joking)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I wondered why you'd been agreeing with me since end April
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    At least he got your post count up
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Not to worry. Frenchie probably had you on block.

Nasty business. I noticed the sudden change but just thought you'd had too much fresh air from sky. 'appens.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjqkIMiBBQqIIxK-MVoQIS0TF2peYDnSs-RBGdvvaUfn68TTvSJg

oh well :?
  • Ashbeck
    Well a big thanks to everyone for being understanding.

If he'd been dealt with in Alsaka we'd had handcuffed him to a pylon and left him to the Polar bears AKA: Fortitude style, but unfortunately he was back in the office! I've plenty of equipment to get revenge with, an ice core sampler would be a good one :lol:
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Oh that explains your seemingly complete personality transplant.

What an unpleasant business.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • I am looking back through my posts now...