Revolution Series Derby TV coverage?

gloomyandy
gloomyandy Posts: 520
edited August 2015 in Pro race
Anyone know if there is any TV coverage of the Revolution series this year (first event tonight)?

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Anyone know if there is any TV coverage of the Revolution series this year (first event tonight)?

I was wondering this. ITV 4 did some last year, but not live.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • No TV coverage of this weekend, unfortunately. But Revolution will have coverage on their YouTube channel

I'm off there later for the entire weekend. Peril, NoT A Doc, if I tweet any pics you want to post up here, feel free
  • Yellow Peril
    No TV coverage of this weekend, unfortunately. But Revolution will have coverage on their YouTube channel

I'm off there later for the entire weekend. Peril, NoT A Doc, if I tweet any pics you want to post up here, feel free

Much appreciated. Keep the pics coming (with your new camera!)
    @JaunePeril

• The return of Becky!
    Finally......... :D
    (not that she has high expectations at this stage)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • aztecboy
    aztecboy Posts: 384
    Does anyone know if the YouTube channel will be live?

We are going up for tomorrow afternoon and Sun, but just missed out on tickets for Sat evening.
    Staying in the Travel lodge so will take the laptop if I can see it.
    aztecboy
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    No TV coverage of this weekend, unfortunately. But Revolution will have coverage on their YouTube channel

Taking a bike ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Yellow Peril
    Does anyone know if the YouTube channel will be live?

We are going up for tomorrow afternoon and Sun, but just missed out on tickets for Sat evening.
    Staying in the Travel lodge so will take the laptop if I can see it.

I don't think it will. I think they put highlights on afterwards. I'd be happy to be proved wrong this weekend though.
    @JaunePeril

• Yellow Peril
    varnish%20ampJames_zpsqg0i5rcw.jpg

Super picture of Becky James and Jess Varnish at the Derby Revolution from Richmond Racer2
    @JaunePeril

• stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Fingers crossed for Becky in her comeback - very classy athlete.

btw "Team Pursuit Wiggins" with a 3.54 tonight was a bit special.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Great to see Becky back :D
  • aztecboy
    aztecboy Posts: 384
    Searched high and low for some live feed, no luck. Sadly their twitter feed is a bit on the mute side too.
    You would have thought this sport to be more popular than darts (ITV4 last night).
    Anyways, looking forward to today and tomorrow up there - especially Brad and Cav back doing the Madison.
    aztecboy
  • Great atmosphere last night.

The Men's TP played it cautious in their quali round, then let rip in the final. Wiggins did 2- lap turns in each round, powerful stuff, and Clancy was immense when he was brought in for the final.

A highlight was absolutely Callum Skinner beating Francois Pervis in the Kilo!
  • varnish%20ampJames_zpsqg0i5rcw.jpg

Super picture of Becky James and Jess Varnish at the Derby Revolution from Richmond Racer2

Thanks for this, both.
    Now I'm regretting not making the trip with dad, this morning.

Would you believe it? Big sister now sidelined with a nasty injury.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Can anyone even find a proper results page?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217

Thanks for this, both.
    Now I'm regretting not making the trip with dad, this morning.

Would you believe it? Big sister now sidelined with a nasty injury.

Nothing that is likely to affect her chances next year I hope?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Following RR on twitter is basically like watching it on TV at the moment...

:P
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Following RR on twitter is basically like watching it on TV at the moment...

is there a hashtag to look out for?
  • Following RR on twitter is basically like watching it on TV at the moment...

is there a hashtag to look out for?

I'll think of one for tomorrow!

Cav & Wiggins pairing up for the Omnium tomorrow...last event of the meet...
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Cav was giving the Spanish guy a few verbals last night after he flicked him up the track. He looks in pretty good shape though, unlucky to be relegated after dropping onto the cote.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    It dumbfounds/dissapoints/confuses and astounds me that this will not be screened on television, even in a highlight format.

What are they thinking?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Cracking IP by 18 year old Matt Gibson by the sounds of it. 4:21 catching Owain Doull in the process.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Track cycling and TV is a funny one, you'd think it'd be ideally suited but except for the Olympics - and I will watch curling or equestrianism in the Olympics - or maybe the world champs it has never really grabbed me. You only have to look at the amount of chat it generates on a cycling forum like this to see I'm not alone in that.

Velon go on about improving the coverage of road racing but maybe track cycling could gain more from a makeover and making it TV friendly ? As it stands I don't think we can really complain about lack of coverage compared to darts - darts translates pretty well onto TV and is fairly popular with a few people I know whereas the only fans of track cycling I know are cyclists themselves.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    There will be SOME highlights on Youtube next week, including the Madison race from today. See the channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/FACECycling
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    edited August 2015
    Duplicate.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Daz555
    Reading that Clancy is in fine form - by far the dominant man in the TP. This has got to be good for GB as it will surely force Wiggo to raise his game. Clancy being best starter - sure - but Wiggo accepting Clancy as best rider in the whole group? Surely not.
  • Daz555
    2008:
    WIGGINS-CAVENDISH_3028149.jpg?20131031222449

2015:
    CMjB2ejWsAAiurD.jpg
  • Reading that Clancy is in fine form - by far the dominant man in the TP. This has got to be good for GB as it will surely force Wiggo to raise his game. Clancy being best starter - sure - but Wiggo accepting Clancy as best rider in the whole group? Surely not.

Could be a painful winter for all concerned!

I remember from my rowing days that however much you wanted to beat the opposition, beating your team mates in training was more important.
  • Clancy was very strong - Heiko swapped him in for Dibben for the final - but tbh so was Brad, who was putting in 2-lap turns. They rode very conservatively in the qualy, and then with nerves settled and Clancy joining them, smashed the final for that 3:54 time. I had a few words with Clancy on the Sun am, and he said he thought they'd gone quicker that that. The velodrome timer must have been out on the razz on Thu night cos it had a shocker on Fri and Sat.

The M Omnium was great. Clancy's rides in the bunch races was up there with the best I''ve seen him race that type of race in Omniums. I was impressed with Cav's timed events, and that was a v decent 2nd behind Clancy in the Omnium IP ahead of the likes of Dibben.

In the W Omnium it was really between Trott and D'Hoore who were streets ahead of the rest. D'Hoore pushed Trott hard - just 3 points was the winning margin.

Katy Marchant and Lewis Oliva came to the meet with some great form - Marchant won all the sprints, Oliva all but the Kierin when Kenny saved face with the win.

The ODP guys all rode aggressively, especially Germain Burton and Chris Latham.

The Madison took the roof off the velodrome. Brad and Cav looked like they'd never been away. Cav made sure of all his sprints through the final corners, Brad by just riding everyone off his wheel before or from the bell each of his sprints.

They'll be doing more Madisons together by the sound of it. They both clearly loved being back doing their thing on the track.

And both gained enough UCI points to qualify for World Cups, plus the next Worlds
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    How come brad rode a cervélo and cav was on a unmarked black bike?
  • How come brad rode a cervélo and cav was on a unmarked black bike?

BC now being sponsored by Cervelo not Pina - tho Brad's team ride Pinas, he was riding all weekend for GB

Think Cav was probably riding a UK Sports special - perhaps to avoid any issues with Spesh