A big favour required from anyone with Tacx TTS 4.....

RichiePortly
RichiePortly Posts: 32
Here is my tale of woe.....

I have a Tacx Vortex (T1960, not Smart) with TTS 3, which I've had for about 4 years.

On Friday night, I did an FTP test using the Sufferfest Rubber Glove. I knocked my pan in, and was really happy that I gave it the full beans. I was shaking at the end of the ride, which in this context, is a good thing.

Anyhow, about a minute into my warmup, I realised that I hadn't turned my fan on, so I unclipped and turned it on, pausing the workout. Imagine my horror when I went to analyse my data at the end, only to find it didn't record my power data after this pause. Well, it didn't appear to - the lines on the graph in the analyser stopped at this point. However, switching to table view showed all the data. Phew!

However, I wanted to analyse it in Training Peaks or Golden Cheetah, so I exported to .hrm. However, it only seems to export the data shown in the graph. I can't manipulate it from table view, even though I can see it listed.

So, in an act of desperation, I come here in search of a kind soul with TTS 4 who might be able to take the original .tts file, import it into TTS 4 and export it perhaps to XML to see if I can somehow extract my power data.

It would save my bacon (and legs!)

*edit* I forgot to add, I contacted Tacx and sent them the file, but they simply responded 'We cannot do this for TTS3'. Brilliant Tacx, I only spent about £550 on this bloody thing...

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    i ve tts4, happy to try what you want? just pm me.
  • Thanks - I've managed to find a copy of TTS 4 online for £30, so I'll see how that goes. I need to set up a new PC, so I'm going to start from scratch again, although this is the last chance for this turbo to be honest.

The machine itself is OK, but holy smoke I have spent far too much of my life trying to get the software to work properly.......
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    i ve the Vortex and i reckon its great, had it for 2 years and its been bomb proof and tts4 works fine too, but you need a hi spec PC for it to work properly and the latest f/w on turbo and head unit too.
  • Yep, the hardware is OK, just the software isn't great.

Hopefully upgrading and moving to a new PC will fix it. Still annoyed that the hardware can't be upgraded to FE-C though.