Body Recomp. Gain Muscle Lose Fat, Any Benefit?

spredy
spredy Posts: 48
I'm currently 68kg at over 6 foot, and while skinny, do not look as lean as friends of a comparable height/weight. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with altering body composition. Would adding 2kg of muscle and losing 2kg of fat (arbitrary numbers I just pulled out of my ass) and so staying the same weight, for example, have a benefit on performance? And if so, how would one go about doing this? Any thoughts are much appreciated. I also acknowledge results would most likely vary from individual to individual.

Comments

• Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    It depends what you do to achieve this outcome. Why do you want to gain 2kg of muscle?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    If you're wanting to improve performance on the bike, just lose the body fat. Running a consistent calorie deficit should do that. As would intermittent fasting.

If you're looking for advice on building muscle while losing fat, you might be better off on a body-building forum. I imagine they'd be recommending a low carb, high protein diet and lots of heaving weights about in the gym.