Jeremy Corbyn's very strange bike

oblongomaculatus
oblongomaculatus Posts: 616
edited August 2015 in The cake stop
Just seen the labour party's answer to the chiseled whippet on the news, wheeling his bike amidst a scrum of media people. It looks an odd beast to me - mountain bike style handlebars, with those forward pointing extensions bolted to the bar ends, but with relatively skinny tyres, and a head tube extender (if that's what you call it) about 25cm long, which puts the handlebars way higher than the saddle. What is it?!

Comments

• marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    One thing's for sure, he will never make any turns to the right on it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    One thing's for sure, he will never make any turns to the right on it.
    Or into Downing Street for that matter.

No idea what it is.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CL4U5dZWEAEW0km.jpg

I see what you mean ! I'd think he may have some back problem to ride a bike like that. But hey - at least he's cycling.
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    That's what we'll all be riding, comrade.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    If a nationalised Trabant factory made bicycles for the people. Cost 50 co-op stamps and a 6 year wait. As modelled by Commrade Corbyn, future chairman of the central comittee.

CL4U5dZWEAEW0km.jpg
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,700
    Just a sit up and beg isn't it?
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Looks like one of my commute bikes. Not pretty but very practical and comfy. Don't get the digs from in here, we should have more bikes like this being used for the commute.
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    It looks just fine to me.

Not wheeled out for the odd photo-opportunity or referred to in speeches to get the green vote.

Just a bicycle - and by the looks of it, one which has evolved over quite a few years to suit the needs of its rider.

I am not a fan of Mr C, but he is an asset to the Lower House. He may or may not go on to lead the Labour Party, but I will not be voting. My choice would be Burnham, as it was last time. As a left-leaning liberal, I have no axe to grind with who wins it.

But that bicycle is a proper bicycle. In his place I might look around the car boot sales for a recently stolen steel sit-up-and-beg bike with a larger frame. I think he's showing more stem than I would... but it looks a nice machine.