The Kids Company Charity Debacle

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited August 2015 in The cake stop
Isn't it about time that there was a total reorganisation of the charity structure? First of all stop calling businesses 'charities'. Reserve the name 'charity' for a genuine altruistic organisation where people donate/work free of charge in their spare time. Then these 'charity' companies that have chief execs and full time paid staff, should be registered as normal businesses. Would limiting these ‘charity’ business salaries/overheads to a set percentage of donations i.e. 10%, really have a detrimental effect on the end user, personally i doubt it.
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Your suggestion will kill the high street of most brtish towns!

TBH - I think I agree with you.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Would they have to pay corporation tax too?
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • bianchimoon
    Would they have to pay corporation tax too?

If they were a business they would, as a charity they don't. amazes me that charities such as the dogs trust pays the chief exec £150,000 plus pensions/benefits, they're re-homing dogs for ***** sake and that does't take into account the other 13 directors on mega remuneration packages. :shock:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Sommat stinks, if for no other reason only days after getting a £3,000,000 grant they close down 'cos they have gone bust!!!!
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • bianchimoon
    Sommat stinks, if for no other reason only days after getting a £3,000,000 grant they close down 'cos they have gone bust!!!!

Definitely, as well as their 'charity' practice of handing out cash in envelopes to kids every friday afternoon
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    I don't think some of the larger charities, who help deal with some of the worst catastrophes on earth could operate without a paid staff or charity status so I'm not sure I can totally agree with you.

But I understand the sentiment because I do think that governments farming out services to charities that ultimately they should be taking responsibility for is a complete joke.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift